Carly - on my way to the true me.

heycarlz
heycarlz Posts: 15
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I have signed up to myfitnesspal.com a few days ago and I am just loving it! I am learning about kilojoules/calories, how much I need to loose weight (safely), the hideousness of some high energy foods and exercise.

I feel energised to start my weight loss journey and I am very excited to go forward with my new found knowledge and myfitnesspal.com diary!

I managed to loose 9-10kgs over a period of a year and was 59-60kgs for my wedding in 2007. Unfortunately, I thought I was invincible and the weight crept back on. Over two years later, I have put it almost all back on, sitting at 67kgs.

I am fortunate enough to own a treadmill, a stepper and an elliptical trainer, access to cheap tennis court hire and an amazingly supportive husband. Even with all this and my strong desire to loose weight and increase my self esteem, I still have many psychological barriers to overcome. Getting back into exercise and saying no to the bad foods has helped already and I am more positive and have a little more self belief. I can do it! If I concentrate on the process, on what I can do today, the outcome will take care of itself. I cannot look at how much weight I have to loose and the effort involved because I will get overwhelmed and give up!

I am going to try my hardest to disconnect my strong emotions with eating - good times doesn't = coffee and cookies and energy drinks! A bad day with my struggles with uni does not = a chocolate bar and energy drink with toast for dessert! I would like to jump on my exercise machines when I have a struggle street moment, work it out of me and feel good!

I would like to loose 1/2 of my goal weight loss by July when I return back home for a week to see family and friends. I couldn't bear to be this size and see them, noticing that I have put on weight =(
I am going to Thailand early next year for my husband and I's first overseas holiday together (his very first overseas holiday) and I just COULD NOT bear to be my size, being embarrassed in my swimmers, not being in any photographs, being hindered and upset the whole trip. I want to feel good about myself, be proud of myself, be outgoing, jump around, take great photographs with my husband with a beautiful backdrop.

I know I can do it, I know it is possible. My brain is the only thing that can stop me.

I don't talk to anyone but my (wonderfully supportive) husband about my weight struggles, so any support, comments and shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Carly

Replies

• Hi, Carly! Nice to meet you! Welcome to the community.:flowerforyou:
  • ShottaB
    ShottaB Posts: 29
    Hi Carly,

Welcome to MFP and congratulations on making the first steps to your weight loss. You're definitely on your way with all the knowledge your gaining, and will soon have all the tools you need for your journey
    I found that the best way to get over those weak moments of wanting sweets (for me chocolate) was replacing it with something else such as fruits. If i want a heavy snack like cheetos or a hot pocket, I eat almonds or cashews. You could replace those energy drinks with unsweetened green tea.
    Make sure you put in some weight/strength training exercises into your exercise regimen. It will help you maintain your muscle as you lose weight, and muscles do burn calories. Don't worry about getting bulky from weight training, women dont get bulky from strength training
This discussion has been closed.