Adipex-P

Options
Has anyone on here ever used Adipex to lose weight? What are the pros and cons? What are general feelings towards using it to aid in weight loss?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.

Best diet pill/diet plan/weight loss invented.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.

^^This. There is no quick fix to being healthy. You have to work hard and eat clean. You got this!
  • emilyr90
    Options
    I am on it now and I really happy with it. It is not for every one talk to your dr about it
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.

^^This. There is no quick fix to being healthy. You have to work hard and eat clean. You got this!

Yes, THIS. No such thing as a magic pill. Calorie deficit will shed the pounds, not a pill.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.

bingo. There are no long-lasting quick-fixes.
  • kphillery
    kphillery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a prescription... Guess i'm gonna take the generic and see if it works... I'm a little nervous about the possible side fx tho...
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I did for some time about 3yrs ago and used it for about four months. Adipex + B12 injections I lost about 25lbs. It is an appetite suppressant, so after stopping the pill there is this horrible anxiety for food that is really hard to overcome. It took me months to get my system clear and by this time I had gained all the weight back. It also gave me other secondary side effects like constipation and irritability. I don't recommend it. I feel much better doing it the right way even if the process is slower. After 3yrs and back at the weight that I was when I stopped the pills, but the difference is that now I know how to do all by my self and I have created good habits that will help me for the rest of my life. I don't have to depend on any "pill" to manage my weight, it is my responsibility.
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used it a few years ago when I had regained some weight and was at a desperation point LOL. It works temporarily. It worked for about 2 weeks for me, then my body started developing a tolerance and it didn't do anything. I lost about 13lbs total. It gives you really bad dry mouth and really bad constipation just to forewarn you. Its not worth it. Just cut calories, clean up your diet, and exercise. That has been and always will be the best way to lose weight.
  • Flyersteve18
    Flyersteve18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You don't need that!!

Use this site, track cals at the minimum, and eat more veggies! You can eat eat and eat until you are full if you have a lot of veggies in your diet. I eat 5-6 meals a day and I am never hungry, of course you can still have how many meals you want a day, just make sure at the end of each day you are eating 10%-20% under your TDEE. Try just eating only food you prepare/cook, add some veggies to it, and watch the weight drop off (it will be slow, but losing fast is unhealthy). Of course, exercising will help a ton if you do that, and if you lift too, muscle burns fat, so even if you are gaining muscle and staying the same on the scale, you are losing inches and fat, up to a point. :D Hope this helps!

For TDEE info, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr

And always, make sure you consult your doc before going on any diet (especially cutting more that 20% cals/day)
  • Kryn_K
    Kryn_K Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi i took it and lose 25lbs the 1st mo. from 150 to 125 the doctor told me to keep taking it because i was overweight :indifferent: has the worst side effects. and it does not worth it i'm talking of how my experience was i was like Tasmanian evil on PMS :mad: all the time and feeling miserable crying for every little thing and not enjoying my life at all. what's the purpose of losing weight if you feel miserable?? well is what happened to me i hope it helps you in anyway .. if you decide to take it please just please be careful and do exercise keep eating and take it for the shortest time possible. by the way as soon as i stop taking it i was doing excercise and eating clean i regain my weight and a lil bit extra :noway:
  • msbsdrvr1
    Options
    I started adipex one month ago and I have lost 27 pounds so far. I started at 227 Today I am at 200. Its so exciting. i had thought about taking it for a long time, but i do not like medication even for the flu. I have been off work for a year due to a shoulder injury and gained about 30 pounds. I was sick of myself. So I tried it. It has not caused any side effects except dry mouth for me. It started me thinking about my calorie intake. I have adjusted and can now eat. (i had absolutely no desire for food the first couple weeks) which enabled me to count calories Now I see that I was way over my limit before. I love bread items (carbs, i guess) I am 53 and plan to use the meds a few months only and keep counting calories after I am off them. I would reccomend adipex to anyone needing that boost. When I lost the first ten pounds it motivated me to work harder at the meal planning. Calorie counting has become a habit now. I do not deprive myself. I just find a better way of cooking foods I like and if I want a twinkie (ha,ha) I can have one once a week. Something to look forward to. If you plan on going to a resteraunt that eveing. plan ahead, eat ver little calories during the day. with the internet you can search out resteraunt food calories so you know what you will have and how much of it. It is easier than i thought it would be. Good luck to everyone on this journey to health.