Protein shake...I HATE the blender!

Options
I'm getting used to making the protein shakes for my breakfast, but the only thing is I hate my blender. I was wondering what everyone else uses to make their protein drinks with. I mix in fruit sometimes, so I need something that will smooth that out. What do you use to make your drinks with?

Replies

• tackie8383
    tackie8383 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet. It blends really nicely and you blend it right in the cup you are drinking out of, so there is less cleanup. I drink smoothies almost every day. Definitely worth it!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet. It blends really nicely and you blend it right in the cup you are drinking out of, so there is less cleanup. I drink smoothies almost every day. Definitely worth it!

This is what I was thinking about. I'm tired of washing all the blender pieces and leaving the ugly thing sit out all day. I was thinking something along this line...
  • curvykim78
    Options
    bump
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    No fruit. Powder, almond milk, shaker bottle.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Handheld immersion mixer. Mix-mix-mix, rinse-rinse-rinse, done.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Hand blender.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-17-Piece-Single-Serve-Rocket-Blender/17780929

Here is what I've been using for the past year... 1-2 times per day and it's still going strong. (i use frozen fruit in almost every shake) I like that you mix in the cups and there is not much to wash. Also, it's small and sits unnoticed behind the coffee pot, while the cups go next to the coffee cups in the cabinet.

It's nothing fancy but works well. Also pretty cheap- $19 for everything. The only potential downside is size... you can't make huge shakes.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i use a mason jar and a blender. it turns your blender into a magic bullet. plus you can drink out of the mason jar so its only one thing to clean up. take the mason jar and screw into the blender bottom. make sure to buy a mason jar that will fit. they do come in different sizes so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. plus they are only like a 1.50. :)
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use the blender. I make them with frozen fruit, so I almost have to - but I hate the fact that my Oster blender tends to have the fruit 'jam' - the blades are spinning but not moving the fruit. I have to pull the pitcher off and shake or stir it 2 or 3 times to blend up my 1 serving of fruit.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet as well...

Actually, I have this, which I think works better than the original magic bullet (I've had them both) and is also cheaper.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bella-13330-rocket-blender-12-piece?ID=330413&CategoryID=46710#fn=sp=1&spc=63&ruleId=66&slotId=11
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have something similar to a magic bullet, it's called Elite Cuisine personal drink blender and it comes with 2 different blade attachments and several cups in 2 different sizes. You put the fruit, etc in whichever size cup you choose, attach the blade, put it in the base and press the button. You can drink out of the cup and put the base away right away, wash the cup and blade next time you do dishes. It also works well for things other than smoothies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    My protein mixes by just throwing it in a shaker cup and shaking it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just got the Nutri-bullet and I love it. You can throw in fruits with skins like an apple (I remove seeds and cut in four sections) spinach, celery whole, kale all kinds of things and it mixes it smooth. Better then any juicer you use the whole fruit and vegetables.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I have one of these:

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/blenders-single-serve-blenders.html

Best thing I ever got, less than $20, a snap to clean, makes one shake.
  • sublime12089
    Options
    I have the GE 19 piece personal blender linked earlier and go one of two ways:

Frozen fruit (strawberries/bananas/mangos/etc)
    Soy milk or orange juice
    Vanilla or Strawberry protein powder
    Ground Flaxseed

OR

Chocolate protein powder
    Soy milk
    Ice Cubes
    A banana
    Peanut Butter
    Ground Flaxseed

I like the personal blender because the only cleanup is the cup and you can just blend and go.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use a small Hamilton Beach Blender. It has no settings to mess with and you use the blender container as a travel mug making it easy to clean. It is kinda like a Magic Bullet. I had a Magic Bullet but it shorted out, so got my Hamilton Beach as a replacement for much cheaper. I love it. I dont just make protein shakes though. I tend to be very low on my calories so making a smoothie as a snack helps me to get in enough calories on my low days.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Use extracts. They come in all kinds of flavors, or you can combine them to make flavors like pina colada. My protein mixes in a shaker cup, extracts are liquid, no blender involved.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Handheld immersion mixer. Mix-mix-mix, rinse-rinse-rinse, done.

This for fruit, shaker bottle with insert that breaks up clumps for powdered, non fruit drinks.
  • KRaysor
    Options
    My husband and I bought the $30 Ninja mixer from Wal-Mart. It's really easy to clean, and works really well. We also have the Blender Ball Shaker Cups for when we just use the Powdered Protein.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    Use extracts. They come in all kinds of flavors, or you can combine them to make flavors like pina colada. My protein mixes in a shaker cup, extracts are liquid, no blender involved.

Where do you buys your extracts at? I had a peanut butter one give to me, but I keep forgetting to try it.