Shake weights?

Options
Has anyone used them? If you have do they work? My husband bought them for me and was seeing if any one here has used them and what is your thoughts were on them.

Replies

• hope76579
    hope76579 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a shake weight and use it a couple of times a week. I have it under the couch and use it off and on while watching t.v. My teenage children find my using the shake weight disturbing and amusing. Like with any piece of fitness equipment it only works when you work it.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I prefer my Tug Toner, tbh.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It's honestly pretty pointless. Most muscles should be worked through a range of motion. )
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options

LOL..I just lost my coffee!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used them? If you have do they work? My husband bought them for me and was seeing if any one here has used them and what is your thoughts were on them.
    He was hinting something about the motion intended.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    the shake weight only reminds me of a south park episode. "Here's your cab fair"
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options

LOL..I just lost my coffee!

Apologies. I should have put a warning. ;)
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    the shake weight only reminds me of a south park episode. "Here's your cab fair"

Now going into sleep mode...
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options

lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them for myself... but if it was a gift... have fun! Who knows?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxk226vdxL1qzmx2ro1_400.gif
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Hope he kept the receipt.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

I thought of the same exact thing.... LOL!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2aRIAwtmBG-QXxNASPKQTcDtlHyaqAnz7UaULXkOPoPNdoWQ9
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have one, but don't use it enough to say whether you get any good results from using it regularly. I do feel like I've worked out after using it though...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I love how in ANY video captured of people using this it's always the women who get especially naughty looks on their faces.

Anyway. I've never used one but I would question it's usefulness. How heavy is it? What are you doing with it besides holding it in place? I would just get some proper dumbbells and use those. :P
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I love how in ANY video captured of people using this it's always the women who get especially naughty looks on their faces.

Anyway. I've never used one but I would question it's usefulness. How heavy is it? What are you doing with it besides holding it in place? I would just get some proper dumbbells and use those. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C88Ydagh0Q
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would thank him for his thoughtfulness and return them or re-gift them. Another vote for simple hand weights.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    tumblr_lxk226vdxL1qzmx2ro1_400.gif

:laugh: :laugh:
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The best part is the shake weight has a mirror on the top so you can practice your 'O' face while you are 'working out'.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty sure i know why you're husband bought you one. :flowerforyou: