Training for a half marathon...add me

Options
I have run a few 5Ks and my goal is to run a half marathon. I need some friends that have similar interests. I plan to run the Great Turtle Half Marathon on Mackinac Island on October 26th. It should be fun!

Replies

• reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congrats on setting the Half as a goal for the coming year.
    I've been running almost 7 years and in Jan 2013 I will run my 2nd Half.
    So if I can help in any way, do not hesitate to contact me.
  • aprilg12
    aprilg12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started running in 2010. I always describe myself as a TURTLE when I run! haha. I have run 2 half marathons, and I'm running another one April 27, 2013! Good luck to you!!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Going for a 10K here.... then on to a half!
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have another half-marathon planned for February; and a full marathon planned for May -- hopefully winter running doesn't derail my training.
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a half this April! Are you following any training schedules?
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi! I ran my first full in September and registered for another one at the end of May - feel free to add me!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my second half marathon in May did my 1st in 2hours 13 minutes hoping to improve that time. Add me if you want. My running over the last few months has been inconsistent as I have focusing on lifting instead really need to get back to running if i want to beat my time.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 1/2 in October and have one in May coming up. I want to destroy my time as I was a tad hurt running my first. I'm either doing 2-3 1/2's this coming year or do the one in May and a full in the fall, haven't decided. Feel free to add me, love having running friends.
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just registered for my 2nd half in March. I am fairly new to running and I haven't run through the cold winter yet and I needed a goal to keep me going. So I would also love some support and I will gladly give support. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I ran 2 this past year, hoping to run at least 3 this year. Feel free to add me!
  • RachelFrost1
    RachelFrost1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the Runner's World Smart Coach app and use that for a training plan.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I did c25k and ran 3 5ks this year. I finished bridge 210k and now am doing Jeff gaudettes beginner half marathon program thru runkeeper. I have 2 weeks left of the training program. I'm seriously slow and don't have the confidence yet to sign up for a half marathon race. I know I could finish it but like I said, I have to train more on my confidence. The app programs have helped me stick to the training programs without injury. I'd love to hear more about your training and whAt you all are eatting before and during runs. :drinker: