Does this website distract you from work?

Options

Replies

• mcguvs
    mcguvs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
  • nikkilou_hawley
    Options
    LOL I am horrible about being on this site, yogajournal.com, GOOGLE, and yahoo at work. At home (the reason for my house being a mess) I cannot get off pinterest.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    No. I always do my work first. I only log on here if there is no work to do and/or if I'm uploading crap. I'll pop on here until the upload is done. :)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Not at all...brb, I have to do an audit...
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hell yes ;)
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    honestly if I have something pressing at work that takes priority and I can stay off here as long as needed.

this --^ and eveyone thinks I work through lunch. haha
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    work distratcts me from here sometimes
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    ADDICTED!
  • Dymatized
    Options
    This site is better than facebook and you actually benefit from it.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    This site is better than facebook and you actually benefit from it.

I so agree!!!
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    work distratcts me from here sometimes

this, definitely!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Heck! Work distracts me from here!
  • nikkilou_hawley
    Options
    No. I always do my work first. I only log on here if there is no work to do and/or if I'm uploading crap. I'll pop on here until the upload is done. :)

LOL I wish I was this focused! Actually I am not that bad. Its the holidays and we are on split shifts, so there is NOTHING to do right now.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    where I work, there are rules about using the computer for personal use...already FB has not only been banned but blocked for ALL BUSINESS OFFICES IN THAT TOWN (it's on the reservation)..but since I don't really take a lunch break, eating while I work, I usually take a quick peek when I am working the dest out front (not my usual job) usually when the receptionist is at lunch or after regular office hours are closed..I have to work the desk after this time because there is a group meeting and someone has to man the doors and lock up...the meeting goes on after I leave, but after a certain time, I can't let anyone else in...they MUST be on time...they have 15 minutes grace.....I actually have gotten permission to use this time as my "breaks"...it has a positive effect...the office manager who I think doesn't like me...tells me all the time that I don't do enough...LOL ....she is now OFF MY BACK about bringing my work out front (BTW she always goofs off and takes 2 hour lunches, and then gets on everyone case, for everything . actually her job duties only encompass the payroll so why is she getting after everyone? she ONLY has supervisory status over the receptionist, NOT ME, NEVER DID!!! I think she just likes to pick on peeps...I have heard others of my co-workers complain about her too....actually there had been issues with this person not doing her work and getting into everyone's business, for about 6 years or so...and when I was asked to work overtime by the progam manager (DIRECTOR) this information was illegally shared with my co-workers, (after submitting my timesheet) and caused a lot of bad feelings in my office...(actually the person that is in my office space is the one she told, and she just raised all kinds of HxxxLL...this person is always goofing off too, and I end up having to cover for her)

sorry, it looks like I got a little off topic...sorry...
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    not so much now than when i started...mfp has days with a lot of good forums n my friends r all interactive, others are meh i log n leave
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG yes, im always on here... like right now.. i probably should be working lol.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    good thing my boss isn't on this site
    Mine is!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If I'm working on a deadline or something, I just log in to do my diary and stay off the forum. In my day to day it doesn't get too distracting for me because I have to be on the internet most of the time and I have a lot of "hurry up and then wait" kind of stuff. I might be slamming for 20-30 minutes getting data input but then I have to wait 10-20 minutes for the background processes to run and kick out the information relevant to whatever project I'm working on.
  • julienguyenwilson
    Options
    I am a multi-tasker. Plus I got the benefit of having double screens. One for here and the other for work. :)