Wisdom teeth

Options
2»

Replies

• Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If this were another site, I'd suggest Frosty's from Wendy's. But its not, so maybe vanilla yogurt with mashed bananas.
    I might just get a frosty from Wendy's, haha but yogurt sounds good too!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you use bags of frozen vegetables to ice your cheeks, do not use frozen corn. As it thaws a little, it smells AMAZING and will just make you hungrier.

All I am saying... is give peas a chance.

:blushing:
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Options
    If you use bags of frozen vegetables to ice your cheeks, do not use frozen corn. As it thaws a little, it smells AMAZING and will just make you hungrier.

All I am saying... is give peas a chance.

:blushing:
    I just almost died laughing :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    They gave me pain meds and I didn't take any at all. After the first day I had no pain, just a bit of sore jaw. Also when I bent over at work blood goes to my head and made my teeth holes throb. That was painful but if I stayed upright (including sleeping in a sitting position the first 2 nights) I was completely comfortable!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The pain meds made me horribly sick (but they always do) when I could eat I ate Spaghettios. Not the healthiest thing ever - but no chewing!
  • fjghilardi
    Options
    Yogurt. So much yogurt...
  • cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Despite it being MFP. I ate/drank milkshakes, frosty's, smoothies and water ice. But that was the only thing I ate lol. Like my breakfeats was just a chickfila milkshake and I didn't eat real food for a couple of days cause chewing was torture and my face blew up like a puffer fish
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had 8 wisdom teeth, and a total of 9 removed. I was on a soft-food diet for 6 weeks after, and 2 weeks before (they got infected really badly, and I had to fight the infection before I could have them removed). I had A LOT of chocolate milk, jello, and popsicles.

Once I was able to use a straw (2 weeks post-surgery), I went to Jamba Juice a lot and got smoothies with protein boosts, which helped a lot. Soup was good, too. Most canned soups have soggy veggies, so it wasn't bad. And if you get Amy's Organics soups, it's lower in sodium, too.

Good luck!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It isn't eating related, but pick up some tea bags and use them instead of gauze. It has a lot more absorbancy and you get a nice flavor.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Since you shouldn't only hear the horror stories...I had mine out in college. Only every had two, got them taken out right away, never swelled up, tylenol 3 (tylenol + codeine) was enough. Ice cream the first couple of days, then back to basically normal. No special anything, no dry sockets, no infection.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Options
    Despite it being MFP. I ate/drank milkshakes, frosty's, smoothies and water ice. But that was the only thing I ate lol. Like my breakfeats was just a chickfila milkshake and I didn't eat real food for a couple of days cause chewing was torture and my face blew up like a puffer fish
    Yeah chewing is hell!