Plans for the summer?

Options
Okay, so I know it's not exactly here yet, but the weather's been so lovely in the high country that I can't help but think ahead! So, what activities do you have planned to keep active this summer? This will be my last summer as a 'free woman' before I sign my soul over to Uncle Sam, and I want to pack it as full of fun and frivolity as humanly possible! Please expect me to borrow indefinitely some of your best ideas.

Replies

• hboughey
    hboughey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To get in shape, so I can finally look good in a bikini! And go to the beach!

I plan to do more workout classes, and jog more. And consume lots of sugar free Popsicle... very tasty.
  • kristelagarcia
    kristelagarcia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Serious working out sessions, and much more cooking since i'll have more ME time. And when I reach my mini goal in may (and kick my mom's butt in our weightloss competition) I'm going to Vegas on her money! (Part of the competition, loser pays for the other, and I sure can't pay for her so working out it is! )
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being bikini-ready too! I'm starting to see my muscle tone come back, but it can't happen fast enough...
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    Serious working out sessions, and much more cooking since i'll have more ME time. And when I reach my mini goal in may (and kick my mom's butt in our weightloss competition) I'm going to Vegas on her money! (Part of the competition, loser pays for the other, and I sure can't pay for her so working out it is! )

That's a great idea -- I love friendly competition!
  • mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    lots of hiking, LOTS of concerts, and lots of bonfires
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    this is off topic -- but the piece on your back is lovely! I love the traditional style of tattooing.. I want to get a Sailor Jerry-style half sleeve upon completion of basic training. I have several, but none on that scale.
  • krystin
    krystin Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in AK, so I'm SUPER STOKED about the sunshine coming! Especially since we just had ~ 2 inches of snowfall today (that thankfully melted already). I'm all geared up for some outdoor jogging and biking on the trails here. Hopefully I'll convince the BF to come out for a few hikes (and to provide bear protection - or bear food, whichev it be first! jk) - I want to see if we can make it to some old abandoned gold mines in the mountains. I also want to try hiring out a rafting group for a small day trip! AND if all goes well, I'll get adopt a puppy to be a jogging partner :)
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I feel your pain with the snow -- we live in the mountains, and we had the most snowfall we've gotten in 40+ years this winter. I can't wait for the trails to dry out all the way so I can start hiking again, too!
  • Kyliemish
    Kyliemish Posts: 29
    Options
    Can't wait for the summer!
    Planning on working off some baby fat, I have a 3 month old, and getting trail ready for Jasper with my man and do a week long backpacking trip, sooooo stoked for it! Your lucky to live in the mountains, Squid! I love them so much, so defiently getting excited...and daunted by how much I have to strengthen myself, but it'll be worth it ;)

Summer is defiently the best season, lived in NC for two years and miss the summer there like CRAZY =)
    Too bad it doesn't last long enough in northern Canada T__T;
    So you gotta make the most of it! For sure! (or just travel a hella lot in the winter lol)
    7.gif
  • bukozki
    bukozki Posts: 60
    Options
    From mid-may to the beginning of August I'll be in Turkey, Jordan and Israel on archaeological digs and study tours, so that's a lot of time outside, a lot of time in the sun. I hope to eat a lot of local food, drink some local beer and maybe smoke a hookah or two... all while getting some exercise in the sun. I want to continue my diet and exercise while I'm there, even though calories may be hard to count since food is "provided".

We'll see.

When I get back I want to squeeze some camping into August and maybe September. Maybe catch a ballgame. Who knows?

-Ryan
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    From mid-may to the beginning of August I'll be in Turkey, Jordan and Israel on archaeological digs and study tours, so that's a lot of time outside, a lot of time in the sun. I hope to eat a lot of local food, drink some local beer and maybe smoke a hookah or two... all while getting some exercise in the sun. I want to continue my diet and exercise while I'm there, even though calories may be hard to count since food is "provided".

We'll see.

When I get back I want to squeeze some camping into August and maybe September. Maybe catch a ballgame. Who knows?

-Ryan

All of those things sound fantastic.. the closest I'll get this summer is watching a discovery channel special whilst drinking a beer and secondhand smoking via our upstairs neighbor.. *sigh*. A girl can dream, though.