Exercising and large... upper shelf

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Just find a better sports bra. And get it fitted. My OH has large boobs, never popping out as they are properly fitted.
    deserves to be repeated. ladies with large tatas should not be trying to cram their goodies into a over the head sports bra that only comes in sizes s-m-l. just cus you can cram yourself in there (and end up with what looks like 8 breasts) doesn't mens you should
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    DD here. I layer a sports bra with one of those compressive sports tops (with the "shelf" bra). Peeling out of them counts as part of my workout haha.
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wacoal has an amazing sports bra!! (at Dillards) it is a little pricey but SO worth it!! I am a G/H and it works so well for me when I run (ok used to run, currently injured). Spend the money on a good bra! I didn't love the Moving Comfort (didn't work my size, may for you), hated the Enell (felt like I was being smothered). I also liked the Champion underwire bra (at Dillards)

Basically, you are going to just have to try a bunch of different bras. and find one that works for you. And honestly your boobs are worth the money!!

Good luck!
  • rayraex
    Options
    bump
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

i havent done 2 bras since i had to back in the 90's when i was a big boobed and played rugby. sports bra tech for large breasts have come a long way since then so there is no need to double up :laugh: i swear some of you are living in the dark ages. come out into the light y'all :laugh:

I'll pass the word on to my friend. It's not me... I'm a C. That's why I said I was sorry I couldn't be helpful. I know I wouldn't want to be crammed into a size smaller for the sake of having more support if I was say a DD. There is nothing worse than an ill fitting bra!!! Good luck, ladies!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    i'm an I cup and i run sprints, so good bras are a necessity.

for my cup size enell and shock absorber are the best for high impact stuff. enell's and shock absorber are on the higher price end ($65) but at my size this is the only choice. for medium-low impact elomi and goddess are good.

i havent done 2 bras since i had to back in the 90's when i was a big boobed and played rugby. sports bra tech for large breasts have come a long way since then so there is no need to double up :laugh: i swear some of you are living in the dark ages. come out into the light y'all :laugh:

at smaller sizes (sorry to say, to me a dd and ddd are teeny :laugh: ) i hear moving comfort, under armor, champion, elomi and goddess are good those are in the $30-$40 range if you dont find them on sale. enell and shock absorber are also good for those sizes but there are cheaper options that are just as good.

Everything this sensible woman said. (I'm a uk h cup - about the same, us sizing, think).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Wacoal has an amazing sports bra!! (at Dillards) it is a little pricey but SO worth it!! I am a G/H and it works so well for me when I run (ok used to run, currently injured). Spend the money on a good bra! I didn't love the Moving Comfort (didn't work my size, may for you), hated the Enell (felt like I was being smothered). I also liked the Champion underwire bra (at Dillards)

Basically, you are going to just have to try a bunch of different bras. and find one that works for you. And honestly your boobs are worth the money!!

Good luck!

i didnt realize wacoal had a sports bra. i'll have to try them. them and panache and freya are my go to brands for every day bras since they come in pretty and extra pretty with matching undies. i'll definitely look for the sports bra
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    The Shock Absorber! It's AMAZING!

I used to double up. Normal bra and then an exercise bra on top but that was crazy inconvenient and uncomfortable. Now I wear the Shock Absorber and it needs no extra support. :D It's fantastic!
  • kwirky1
    Options
    Lulu Lemon's Tata Tamer! It really is THE BEST! It's pricey but so worth it, I never felt comfortable running till I got one.

I love the name of this one!!!
  • gayle4882
    gayle4882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try using your regular bra and a Victoria's Secret cotton cami bra top. Here is the link http://www.victoriassecret.com/clothing/bra-tops/the-essential-bra-top-cami?ProductID=6938&CatalogueType=OLS
  • kjg5686
    kjg5686 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wear three to keep it all in

properly fitted underwire
    sports bra
    one of the shelf bra t shirts
  • dizzydoolally
    Options
    Mountainlife Active range, Active Women's Sports Bra works for me (38D so not as big as a lot of you :) )
    http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/womens/base-layers/sports-bras/active-womens-sports-bra-p5278.aspx
    Good luck hope you find one that works for you.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I used to have an awesome tank bra from RRS, but I don't remember where I got it and can't seem to find any like it. I make do with my everyday bra, which is a Bali Satin Tracings minimizer. NOT good for aerobics or running, but seems okay for walking and weight-lifting.
  • asangh
    asangh Posts: 32
    Options
    I've always just bought a regular sport bra one size too small. Really cram 'em in there... but, it's not uncomfortable and they stay put when I run!

I do the same thing! I also double up for more support sometimes when my bra's aren't that supportive.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. You can get a lot of them at Title 9 (they are expensive but will let you exchange and they rate the bras by how supportive they are for different sized assets) or on Amazon.
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just use my regular bra for generally exercising. I have bought just recently but haven't had a chance to use them yet some Danskin sports bras for when I do my Zumba and more strenous activities.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I just double bag them...wear my regular bra with a tight (one size smaller) sports bra over it.

I do something like this.
    Or I'll wear a sports bra with a top-with-built-in-bra over it.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Pretty much this. I love my Wacoal. Enell felt SO weird. Nothing else even comes close to passing my jumping test in the dressing room (jumping up and down and spinning, waving my hands in the air while wiggling around like a dolphin)... I have DD-DDD and they stay put. I love that they have an underwire, but it's on the outer layer where I don't even notice it. I've been known to wear it all day when it's clean. For running I get some chaffing but I keep my phone in my bra, so that's probably why.
  • Moveit80
    Moveit80 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm double cup size= double annoying *_*.... I always pop out of place n too much jiggle!! Lol. That means a few bras for me... I'm cheap. I have to double up bras and wear them at the same time. That's what I have to do until I can afford an expensive bra for large boobs that keeps them in place. Doesn't stop the bounce and all that but is a bit better. :frown:
  • Carolinagirlo76
    Carolinagirlo76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I get my sports bras from Lane Bryant, and usually when they have the BOGO or BOGO 1/2 off sales (right now they are buy 2 get 2 free). They are the only ones I was able to actually try on locally that fit and do the job. I love them. I also love that on the back closure ones I get there is are little adjustable side hooks so as I am getting smaller but my breasts not really going down much, the bra's are still fitting me the way they should and I'm not wasting a bunch of money as my size changes on the band part but not on the cup part. I do, however, remove the pads (which are supposed to be removed when washed) that go into the bra because they annoyed me and made my breasts look funny.

Specifically the ones I get are:
    Back closure - Racerback sports bra by Marika Miracles®
    Front closure - Microfiber front closure molded sports bra