I can't do it anymore

Options
I can't believe how far I've let myself go. I was always the girl who couldn't understand how anyone could let themselves go to the point that they were obese and could no longer fit in their clothes, but today, I'm that girl. This year, I've gained 19lbs. In ONE year. That's 1lb for each year I've been alive, yet I've gained it all in one year. I'd planned on LOSING 25lbs this year, instead, I almost gained that, so now I have almost double to lose. I can't believe what I've let myself do to my body. This year was meant to be my year for change, I had an incredible year and have so many incredible memories, but they're all tainted by the fat girl in the photos. 2013 won't be like that. It can't be like that. This isn't a new years resolution, this is me realising that I can't go on the way I'm going, or this time next year I'll be another 20lbs up.

I'm ashamed to even admit this, but I suppose admitting it, and accepting it is the first step to overcoming it. I have lots of things to look forward to in the next few months, so I have a lot of mini goals to work towards. Lets do this! I won't let my student years be ruined by my weight, it's just not on.

Replies

• EddieG43
    Options
    You made the right step in joining MFP!! We are all here to support one another. It takes time and commitment. Set small goals and build up your support team here. Keep logging and pushing forward. YOU CAN DO THIS

Send me a request if you would like support

Best of luck to you!
  • scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I totally agree with EddieG43. MFP is great and everyone pretty much become family.

Feel free to add me.
  • sbozik123456789
    sbozik123456789 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you can add me :happy:
  • Shanisawrusrexy
    Options
    I'm in the same position too! :(
    I remember about 1 year back I only need to lose 5 pounds to reach my goal - now I need to lose THIRTY-ONE pound. Massive increase! I'm totally ashamed by the way I have put it on. So I'm starting my weight loss as soon as possible to avoid adding any extra. I do need some motivation though - we could work together? We're similar ages so it might help :)
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Why are you waiting until 2013? Granted it's just a few days away...but it's just another excuse to not.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were reading my mail.
    We all fell this way.
    Just get on track, stay the course and no matter the challenges, complete the journey.
    We're all in the same boat.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Me too, except with more weight to lose. It's very discouraging, but it's reversible. Thank goodness!
  • melonay
    melonay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Except... I am 26. I want to say "it happened so fast" but really, it didn't. I weighed about 150 in highschool (I am 5'6") and thought I was fat then. What I would do to have that body today!! I weight 210+/- and my size 16 pants are getting tighter every day (especially from all the Christmas cookies... gasp!!).

It seems everyone here is so friendly and encouraging! It's the exact "environment" that I think will boost me along my way. I am sure it will help you too! And any time I feel like saying "not today, I don't feel like it" I know I can come on here and at the very least, look at some other people that have struggled to get where they are and reignite my motivation. So, I say, CHEERS to a healthier, happier you! Don't hate yourself for "letting yourself go"... you simply had the wrong priorities for the time being... just like me. So accept it, and accept that it's going to take a lot of hard work to get back to where you were and surpass the expectations you've set for yourself! Good luck!

Now let's do it!
  • fb_57
    fb_57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, time to get started and kick 2013 right in the booty! Don't think about it as double weight, more up, etc. Just think about how losing that weight is going to change your life and make that your motivation. Don't wait till '13 though, get a head start!
  • melonay
    melonay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with this comment. I was going to wait until 2013, too... but when I talked with my husband he helped show me that it is, in fact just another way to prolong starting the rest of my healthier new life.
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Like many other people on MFP, I had trouble losing weight and keeping it off. I just slowly gained weight - 1kg per year.

Until I joined MFP - and through using the food log, I discovered that some of the foods I thought were "healthy" (like the vegetable, fruit & dip pack at work) actually had more calories than I thought (in my case it was in the almonds).

I was astonished by the results I achieved just by following the MFP principles - work out how much you want to lose each week, eat all your calories (including most if not all of the "exercise" calories), exercise (even walking, cleaning the house, or gardening) for 30 minutes each day, and drink water.

That's all it takes - but you have to do it constantly - one day at a time. I know that if I could do it, you can too.

All the best ...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    you're way ahead of the curve. most 19 year olds have no clue about proper, healthy diets. or calorie logging. or the importance of exercise. or knowing your BMR. alot of people don't figure it all out until their 30's and 40's, so pat yourself on the back. you are here at a time in your life where you can learn the things that you need to learn to give you a long,happy, fit life.

read. ask questions. learn. put what you learn into action. you'll have the figure you want before you know it, plus you'll have the knowledge to maintain it for the rest of your life.
  • jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    your welcome to add me...in the first 6 months of joining my 911 center i gained 25 lbs!...got back down to my original weight starting 911(which is still heavy)
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together - this step is the biggest (admitting you have a problem/issue and coming forward).

Friend me if you would like - I can be support for you, as well as you support me.

2013 = better health for all of us. Heck, we survived the end of the world, after all!!!
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I joined back in 2011 and instead of losing weight, gained! I need all the help and friends I can get!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
  • IbeEmB913
    IbeEmB913 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it now!! best of luck, I need it too!