Tuna patties

Options
alexbusnello
alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
A couple weeks ago, I came up with a simple recipe for tuna patties and my family loves them. Made them for dinner with whole wheat multigrain flat buns and veggies.

Note: One single can of flake light tuna or any kind makes two patties

1. One can of tuna (Or however many you want. Depends on how many people you're feeding)

2. Two and 1/2 tblsp of quick oats (Holds everything together)

3. One large egg (Adjust to how many you make)

4. Two tsp of chopped garlic (I use Canada Garlic in a small jar. And remember to adjust)

5. A generous pinch full of Italian seasoning

6. Club House salad seasoning (Any kind will do. depends on what flavors you like)

7. Salt and pepper

8. Fresh dill (I recently added about two tsp worth, maybe a tblsp to experiment. wasn't bad)

Directions:

First, open your can(s) of tuna and drain the water. Put the can(s) of tuna in a larger or medium sized bowl and add some salt and pepper. Then add two tsp of the chopped garlic, a generous pinch full of Italian seasoning, about six quick shakes of the Club house salad seasoning, a little dill if desired, two and 1/2 tblsp of quick oats. Get your large egg and crack it in a separate bowl or plastic container and mix it up and then pour it into mixture. Fold it all together with a fork at first, then make sure you wash your hands to finish the rest.

After everything is well mixed and combined, Start making and forming your patties. When you're pleased with their size and shape, leave on a plate while you wait for the pan to heat up. Make sure to use a non-stick cooking spray of your choice or you could use olive oil, but be careful since different oils or sprays may cook faster than others. I use canola oil cooking spray.

Put the heat on at about five or in between five and six. Once the pan is hot enough, carefully place the patties on the pan and press them down to flatten a bit. Place pan lid on top and cook and both side for 2 minutes each. If you think they need longer, by all means do so. Just be careful and check often.

Put regular toppings on them like a normal hamburger. What I like to do is mix one tblsp of low fat mayonnaise and one tsp of creamy Dijon mustard and it makes a nice light yellow colour. I top mine with that and some onion, sometimes Romain lettuce or baby Spinach. Add more black pepper if desired. It's also best with a whole wheat or multigrain bun. I used Irresistible's flat hamburger buns, whole wheat multigrain.

You can experiment and add anything you want, really. That's what I did and they're tasty.

Nutrition facts for mine:

Makes two servings

Calories: 163
Carbs 14
Fat: 4
Sugar: 1
Protein: 18
Fiber: 2

I used the Selection brand of flake light tuna in water. And this is for the patties only, not any of the added things like the bun or toppings.

Replies