Arctic Zero?

Options
If you're looking to eat ice cream, but are worried about calories, may I suggest arctic zero. It's a gluten free lactose free fat free "protein shake in ice cream form." The entire pint is 150 calories, 35 per half cup serving. However let me tell you, this stuff is rich. I can't eat more than a quarter cup and that's if I'm ungodly hungry. It doesn't have any artificial sweetners, it's sweetened with monk fruit.
I've tried the cookies and cream (not a fan), chocolate mint (so-so), coffee (yumm), and vanilla maple (heaven in ice cream form).
It's kind of expensive, but a pint lasts me forever because its so rich it takes a long time to eat.
It gets my recommendation for sure.

Anyone tried arctic zero? Opinions? Thoughts?

Replies

• LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    yep, love this stuff. my favorite flavors are chocolate and strawberry.... they have an pb choco one that is good too
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    also, i wish i could say the same that a pint lasts forever... sadly it does not.. i could easily eat the entire pint lol. at least its only 150cals!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    also, i wish i could say the same that a pint lasts forever... sadly it does not.. i could easily eat the entire pint lol. at least its only 150cals!

Love the stuff, vanilla maple for me please...I also can eat the entire pint. I TRY to limit myself to 1/2 because they are expensive, but I basically use the stuff for movie date nights in with the boyfriend or if i'm really just having one of those 'need to feel like im overeating without actually doing so' times!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Bodybuilding ice cream. LOL.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had heard about it, got the local health food store to carry it just for me (because they said they'd tried it before and "it's not a big seller"), then bought several flavors. And hated it. Pretty gross, def not a substitute for real ice cream, so I just have the real stuff when I really want it. Quality over quantity wins in this case.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    When you say it is expensive what is the price
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    That crap is expensive and disgusting. For the price of one pint,you can buy a gallon of regular ice cream and practice portion control. It tastes better and is more cost effective..
  • peaceloveabby
    Options
    I have a new mission, eat a whole pint! Haha. I eat a small amount almost every night. It's a post post dinner snack that I always enjoy. I always have a bowl of whole grain cereal after dinner, instead of desert. Then I get out the arctic zero!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    just eat ice cream.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    this stuff is rich.

You're joking, right? When I tasted it, it tasted like they took all the happy out. It was gross. Sorry, but I'd rather have the real thing! Talenti Gelato and Haagen Dasz 5 are my go-to's for all natural ingredient lists.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Website has Vanilla A.Z. 48% off calories listed on the nutritional label....and the Peanut Butter A.Z. is 68% off.

That means you are eating a higher cal dessert than what is listed . Margin of error is allowed by the FDA.
    Shame on A.Z. for their dishonesty eventho it is legal.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Website has Vanilla A.Z. 48% off calories listed on the nutritional label....and the Peanut Butter A.Z. is 68% off.

That means you are eating a higher cal dessert than what is listed . Margin of error is allowed by the FDA.
    Shame on A.Z. for their dishonesty eventho it is legal.

Yes... I was going to mention this. Arctic Zero vastly underreports their calorie count on the nutrition information label. If you eat it, you're likely consuming more calories than you think you are.
  • peaceloveabby
    Options
    I saw that. But I also read this -http://www.myarcticzero.com/labresults.php
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I thought it tasted like cardboard flavored air. There was nothing rich about it at all. I ate a whole pint and went and got some ice cream.
  • myralou88
    myralou88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    abby you don't actually believe Arctic Zero's own "lab results", right? it's obvious they got busted by a non-biased, third party and then scrambled to cobble something together to save face. shameful IMO
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I tried it and hated it. I was eating the Vanilla Maple, which I *really* wanted to like. But after several bites it actually felt like a chore. It was pure punishment, and not worth it at all. I'd rather eat a sensible portion of ice cream than a pint of that stuff. Or, if I need the protein, have a shake that I like the taste of. The combination of the two just didn't work for me, and since there is some doubt about the accuracy of the calorie claims, I just gave up on it. I hated to throw it out since it was kinda pricey, but I knew it would sit in my freezer taking up space if I didn't!