Looking for Motivational MFP friends for support.

Options
I have been using MFP for a few months and I love it. Around the end of November I have quit using as much for some reason. I really think it's because I wasn't losing weight even though I was doing everything right and when I would log on, I would see friends who had lost 3 or 5 more pounds and it made me get discouraged. I know realized I have gained more weight which is going to make reaching my goal weight of 140 even harder- I need to lose 77 pounds to reach my goal weight.

I noticed when I was logging my food, it gave me a moment to realize what I was eating and gave me a moment to think if it was worth eating or not. Since I haven't been logging, I've noticed I've been eating more junk food which has made me gain weight.

Has anyone been in my position of getting discouraged and ended up gaining weight? What did you do to get your mind back on track and start losing instead of gaining weight.

P.S. I would love to add some new MFP friends for extra support or motivation so please send me a request. I will gladly accept so that I can have support through this difficult process.

Replies

• Sheilabball
    Options
    I feel the same way. I tried weight watchers and had some success but I get bored of the meetings and logging my food intake. U just have to decide to lose weight for yourself. I just discovered MFP and am hoping for the best. I was motivated to exercise for the first time in weeks. The last time I lost weight I literally ate half of what I normally ate. This approach really works because we don't need all the food we stuff in our mouths. I want to feel good again and the only way to do it is to keep track of what I eat and to move more. I have a bad knee and this causes me to skip the gym a lot. I ave had too many excuses. It's time to act be stop eating so much sugar. I'm also getting off the sweeteners lie Equal and Sweet n low. Good luck with ur journey.
  • MrsJJUt
    MrsJJUt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for awhile now too... and kinda stalled out in November but I'm back at it would love some more support!