Drinking your calories

Options
Well, my number one rule (and I'm sure many others have it too) is to not drink my calories.

This used to be difficult, to some degree, but now I have abandoned sodas and unhealthy sugary filled liquids.

So, I was wondering what people drink. I love water and green tea, but I'm impartial to Nudie's fruit smoothies.

What about you?

Replies

• lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For me its about green tea, water, sparkling mineral water or soda water and I have coffee about once or twice a day but only with skim milk. I don't drink diet sodas anymore after I found that the artifical sweeteners seemed to make me more hungry and craving sweet things.

I do break the "drinking calories" rules though for a little bit of booze - I'm not a big drinker but a glass of champagne or a pear cider at night with dinner is worth the calories IMHO!! :) Except on very special occasions (birthdays, Christmas etc) I mnake sure I stop at one.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I drink quite a lot of cals in the form of milk (cow milk, soy or almond milk), either in protein shakes or milky coffees / hot chocolate. It's good for protein and calcium and I find it just as filling as solid food so I don't see any problem with that.

In terms of drinking 'clear fluids' I have water, green tea and occasional black tea with a splash of milk. I have flavoured sparkling waters on occasion but have never really been a soda drinker.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Although I have no aversion to drinking my calories, I do drink a lot of peppermint tea.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Green tea can be plain or with lemon, pomegranate etc. I also like various other Chinese teas (oolong, jasmine etc) and "White Tea". Redbush/Roobios is another to try. And finally, peppermint.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I carry around a gallon of water and dring 3 to 4 diet coke/ pepsi max/ coke zero a day. I know the diet sodas arnt the greatest but they are zero calories and a galln of water a day flushes most of it out (I HOPE, LOL).
  • fraser112
    Options
    I love Fizzy/Soda Water that stuff is amazing
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Coffee, energy drinks, tea, water, or diet soda
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Coffee, juice, cordial, peppermint tea, water .... Alcohol....
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Super sugary lemonade is my downfall. Diet drinks such as Crystal light always taste off to me (not a fan of fake sweeteners), so I try to pace myself through the day with it and drink straight water with my meals. Milk is also another drink I had to cut way back on - I've started buying the fat free stuff, but even that requires moderation. (I can drink half a gallon a day. Easy. Even with fat-free, that adds up.)

I did cut out soda and Starbuck's drinks entirely just to give myself more calories to actually *eat*. I stay much fuller longer this way.
  • hatsuharu01
    hatsuharu01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I tried to stay away from soda when I first started on MFP but I found that I would get sick by the midday. So now I allow myself 1-3 12 oz cans a day. Most of the time I try and stick with flavored water, with Black Cherry being my favorite. I also like to drink some Sunny D but I stick to the serving size.