The main issue of this weight loss battle

Options
2»

Replies

• edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This may or may not be true, but it seems to me that when I cut refined sugar and flours out of my diet, my cravings go away. Only when I cheat do i find myself wanting more. Could this also be your body asking for more food? Are you eating enough to support your body? Just a thought.
  • macquelanderson
    Options
    drink a large glass of cold water

log BEFORE you eat

"Log BEFORE you eat" ... This is ALWAYS my rule! It helps me determine how much cushion I have in other meals and what I need to do that day to EARN what I eat. This is one of the best things about MFP. If you burn X amount of calories, then you can eat X amount of calories. It If I want to satisfy an icecream craving and eat a Skinny Cow, then I need to earn it. Go to the gym or go on a walk. It is okay to have cravings, but in moderation.
  • BaliDream
    Options
    After some reflecting, some influences from advice and some internet research, from tomorrow I'm going to experiment with a new 'diet' (which I will apply as a lifestyle change) - big breakfast (700~ calories), medium lunch (500~ calories) and a small dinner (400~calories). This has many big and small advantages that I believe could work with me, including the fact that it would reduce/prevent hunger during the day, in my opinion it is simpler, and other things as well.

I'll see how it goes. As others have said, different things work for different people. But, I will be applying most of the advice you wonderful people have supplied me. I may begin a simple blog to track/reflect on this 'experiment'.

It's the same idea - calorie counting, eating healthy, it's just a new strategy that hopefully I can stick to.