Resolution Schmesolution...

Options
Every year, I make the same resolution - stop cursing. I curse ALL THE TIME. And, I stop for about 1 week. Then, reality hits and I am back at it.

I never did fitness resolutions because I didn't try to lose weight until sometime last year and it was like a light switch went off in my head. So, this year, I am not making a resolution. I am setting monthly goals.

My goal for the month of January is to do 10 burpee's consecutively without taking a break or cheating. So far, I can do 5. If I can stop cursing, that would be lovely, too.

What are you working on?

Replies

• Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    Thats great! I am starting p90x2 in January.. and my goal is to get through it!
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    Haha well to your cursing predicament...my most used word is the worst Fu$% it was like I had diarrhea of the mouth and no amount of imodium could fix it. So I started substituting it for "FLUFF" or "oh just Fix it" sound childish but it sounds better than yelling out fu$% all the time haha
    I suck at keeping those new year promises too!
    My monthly goal for Jan is to get up to 10 real pushups (yes I'm a weakling) & to be able to do a full hour of Tae Bo without wanting to die!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible mouth, I am pretty good at monitoring my use of the language around cetain demographics that may be insulted by it:)

As for the resolution. I want to be able to do pullups/chinups with out any assitance. I've always had such strong legs and back, but neglect my arms/shoulder and chest. So the second part to being able to do pull ups is to work on balancing out my physique.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a few weeks ago... I was with my boyfriend and I vowed to stop swearing to prove that I could do it. I got pissed over something and swore, swore again because I swore, et cetera :)
  • NewMeNext30
    NewMeNext30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Love that I am surrounded by a bunch of foul mothed ladies!