WHAT ARE YOUR 2013 NEW YRS RESOLUTIONS

Options
My new year resolution is to lose 40 lbs by August 1st... I am starting over on January 2nd and I am going to kick butt...

Replies

• ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    mine is - do a kettlebell workout 3 days a week
  • Eyerin
    Eyerin Posts: 24
    Options
    You'll do it!

I'm not one for resolutions, but I want to be 20 lbs. lighter by March and quit smoking. Been wanting both for some time now.

Working on my before photos in a day or 2 and trying to log into MFP every day for inspiration.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've made so many healthy changes in the last year and I want to continue on that path of improving my health.

- never go more than 2 days in a row without doing some sort of intentional exercise.
    - eat out less. and when I make a conscious decision not to eat out, that money is going into a vacation jar.
    - eat in more. experiment with new recipes.
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have joined a group of runners. We each will run 13 races in 2013! I chose 5K's and 10K's, but everyone within the group races what they want- anything from 5K's to 1/2 marathons, to tri-athlons, to Iron man races, to full marathons!
    Each of us race about once every 4 weeks/once a month! :smile:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on resolutions I made in 2010 :laugh:

Best of luck to you ...... and anytime you feel like wavering, just push through it ...... JUST DO IT !
  • smuckyrun
    smuckyrun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    2012, i made a resolution to try new things and lose 10 pounds. I did both but lost 26 pounds. For 2013, my resolution is to start going to church and lose 35 pounds.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Keep up this health journey by exercising and eating healthier throught the year and beyond and ultimately get to my goal weight of 145 by July...... aiming to drop 15-20lbs by March......
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Keep logging in at MFP, it's so great for my personal accountability.
    Plant my vegetable garden on time for both spring and fall.

That's it. Keep it simple.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I want to start running this year (or atleast run/walking). I need to work on my cardio, plus I live by Lake Michigan and it would be such a lovely view.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My resolution is just to log everything I eat. I figure, if I don't put a number on it, or an expectation, good things are bound to happen anyway.

Either that, or my food log will be the most atrocious thing you've ever seen.
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Run my very first half marathon in March!

focus on clean, conscious eating. My body can't perform if I don't fuel it right. :)
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I have a few new years resolutions this year.

1. Take off the last 10 pounds I want to lose before July
    2. Be more organized at work
    3. Enjoy myself in the months leading up to my wedding and not stress out if things go wrong!
  • it finish a JM DVD and be more positive in everything
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    1. Meet my weight loss goal.
    2. Quit smoking.
    3. Run a 5k race.
  • HealthyKat2013
    Options
    My neice is getting married in March so I want to be at least 20 lbs lighter. My Goal is lose 60 lbs this year, get healthier, get finances in good shape, and be happier!:happy:
  • Goatgirl8
    Goatgirl8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm never again making a resolution to loose weight. Been there, done that... over and over and over. But I will resolve to be more productive, in all aspects of my life. If I've learned anything this year, it is that too much time has been wasted and each minute is precious.

Have a blessed New Year Everyone!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    1. Lose just over 30lbs
    2. Eat better and log everyday
    3. Yoga at least 4 days/week
    4. Run 5k race on Jan. 20th
    5. Run 10k in May
    6. Complete the JM dvds and Zumba dvds that I got for christmas!
    7. Use kettlebells 3 days/week
    8. Swim 3 days/week
  • farmgirl1973
    farmgirl1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine is to lose enough weight in 2013 to lower my blood pressure.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My 2013 New Year's resolution is for 2012 to be the last time the phrase "I'm going on a diet", "I'm losing weight," "I need to start working out" will ever come out of my mouth again. So in other words 2013 will be all action. I won't even tell anyone that I'm on a diet or losing weight if it's mention. I will just say thanks. And if they ask what I'm I doing I will just say no talking and all walking :wink: Have A Happy New Year MFP
  • steph_burgz
    Options
    Be 70lbs lighter on the last day of the year, than I am on the first day of the year.