holiday weight gain

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
how much (if any) did you put back on over Christmas?? we were gone up north to visit my husbands family for a week, and i gained 5.5 lbs..:sad: the new year is right around the corner tho, so time to set new goals then..

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself until tomorrow, so I don't know yet. I tried to behave.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    i didn't gain anything over the holidays.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    lot of it could just be water weight
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was up almost 3 lbs, but it seems to be moving again now (water weight). Here's hoping the actual gain was all water and nothing more.
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Lost 4.4 pounds. Don't give a **** if its the holidays or not. I have a goal and I'm going to reach it.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i actually(surprisingly!!) lost 1.6 lbs!!! so excited!!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I gained a little but it was all water weight from the massive amounts of sodium. It's gone already. I also had the flu over the holidays and couldn't run so that didn't help get rid of the water weight. I binged just as much on thanksgiving that I did on Christmas and didn't gain an ounce but I was also able to exercise then.
  • robinr515
    Options
    I got on the scale the day after Christmas to see how much I gained, but to my surprise, I lost a pound. Thinking it was a fluke, I got on the scale yesterday...lost another pound. Did the same thing today, and again lost another pound. I don't know how or why it happened, but I'll take it!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing myself or going to the gym until after the first of the year.

Then I can be a resolutioner and piss off all the regulars.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i wasn't as disciplined as i usually am, but i didn't overdo anything.

plus i chased a 2 year old around...

so, i ended up losing .5
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    I pretty much binged for 3 weeks on carbs due to being ill and thinking it would make me feel better. Well it didn't and neither did gaining 7lbs :laugh: But a lot of that will be water weight and no doubt it will whoosh right off once the chocs are all gone :bigsmile:
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    +2.0
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    I gained 5.3 :angry: I have no will power when it come to cookies and fudge. And I didn't exercise at all, I knew it was coming. Not gonna lie I am disappointed in myself.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Just remember, it takes 3500 calories to gain one pound, so unless you ate about 15 whole pizzas in 5 days, it;'s just water weight. It'll come off.
  • aadutton
    Options
    I was afraid to step on the scale but did this morning anyway--and LOST 2.8 from last Friday. Weird. Not complaining.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I lost 5lb, I had norovirus though...I'm sure I'll pile it all back on by NYE :drinker:
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i gained 4 pounds but I have already lost 3.6 pounds of it, so it's not so bad! :wink:
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I ain't goin' anywhere NEAR a scale until next week.

It took me six weeks to be able to (barely) zip up a pair of jeans I had not fit into for 3 years. That was Dec 24. Then the big Christmas Pig Out took place. Dec. 26 I could not even BEGIN to zip up those jeans. I pigged out on CARBS and CRAP. The only healthy thing was the roast turkey breast. The rest: Crockpot Stuffing, Potatoes and Gravy, Dinner Rolls, Eggnog with rum, Wine, Pumpkin pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Salami, Cheese,... Every relative brought their own dish and it was pot luck. I had on elastic pants (in anticipation of what would happen) and I still felt uncomfortably stuffed.

Just had turkey breast and roast beef mainly on 26th, yesterday, and today. Still can't even begin to zip up those jeans. I am completely disgusted with myself.

It's mostly salt bloat. Went to the gym on 26th and yesterday. No pity party here, just an observation: you can work your guts out and be sooo good with food intake and it takes forever for the results to show. Then you have one day of a major pig out and it instantly affects your measurements and weight...

It won't beat me. Like I said, I've been back at the gym and have been eating sensibly since the 26th...
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I actually lost a couple of pounds as I was working through the hols, was busy, stressed out and didn't eat as much as I thought I would. In fact I am catching up on all the chocolate and stuff I missed out on today...YUM!!!!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Holiday weight gain? I'm in. Who's going to track it? What's the prize for the biggest gain?