Christmas cheat days! gained 10 lbs!!

Options
Hello,

I decided it would be practically impossible to count the calories in the christmas food my family made so I decided to give myself two cheat days (the eve and xmas day) to just relax and enjoy the days with the family while also taking a break from counting calories. I weighed myself two days after and I gained about 10 lbs. How is this possible?

Replies

• sarahmichelle876
    Options
    Hello,

I decided it would be practically impossible to count the calories in the christmas food my family made so I decided to give myself two cheat days (the eve and xmas day) to just relax and enjoy the days with the family while also taking a break from counting calories. I weighed myself two days after and I gained about 10 lbs. How is this possible?
    Most of it will be water weight. Heavy salt foods and such. It'll drop back down. Drink more water.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It's not possible. 3,500 extra calories above maintenance is what it takes to pack on a pound of fat. I highly doubt you ate enough to do that. Give yourself a few days to flush the water weight and you'll see the scale go down.
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Agree with the other ladies input. I'm the same exact way, can eat terrible for a couple days and I will see the scale up 5-7, but back down after a couple days. Keep your head up :)
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Drink A LOT of water today - im sure almost all would be sodium. or a broken scale :sick: aim for 10 glasses daily for the next few days!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    There is no way you gained 10lbs in two days.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Hello,

you must have eaten 35,000 extra calories on those 2 days.

that's equivalent to 13 large pepperoni pizzas. not 13 slices, but 13 full pizzas.

std_1topPepperoni.png

so that's why. or maybe most of it is just water. :bigsmile:

PS... a gallon of water weighs a little more than 8 lbs.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 35,000 calories over your TDEE, theres no way you put on 10 lbs.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    It's not! Just get back on your program. Eat healthy, exercise and drink water. It'll be gone before you know it.
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My scale went up 6 lbs. I drank lots of water and hot tea last couple of days and this morning the scale actually showed I lost more than the 6 lbs that i had gained.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water water water water water water...and cut out high salt foods, it will drop down again
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    most of it is probably water weight doll! Just eat clean, have some tea, take a nice shower and think about the fun that you had with your family. Its literally impossible to gain 10 pounds in 2 days unless you were tremendously over your calories... we're talking about 3500 calories per pound lol. dont sweat it, just focus on getting back on track
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread!! I also gained a horrible amount in the last few days. Heading for some water now!!
    Thanks for the common-sense!
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    all the sodium causes water retention, so I agree with everyone that it is most likely water weight. It could be a few pounds fat, but it's in no way all fat.
  • thegummyking
    Options
    Thank you. I will drink lots of water. Going to get some now!