Lost two lbs in 40 minutes????

Options
So I got on the scale and I weighed in at 107. Did 45 minutes on the treadmill, got off, and weighed in at 105.

Huh? :sick:

I dont really understand how this happened. I rehydrated before weighing myself the second time, and I know some of the weight lost was probably water. But two pounds???? Even after rehydrating??

Does anyone have a clue what happened?

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Sweat. Sweat happened. More than you drank by 2 lbs.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You can check again in 2 more hours and it will be different. Your weight fluctuates throughout the day. That's why you should weigh at the same time each day.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Why would you weigh yourself more than once in a day?
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    It's not real fat, it's just regular fluctuation.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    mt guess is you were holding your breath...hot air makes you lighter. (joking here...some people take statements like this way too serious)
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You poop?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    happens every time around 645a
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    One possible explanation:

Some digital scales actually have a memory cache. Meaning, if your weight was really close to the last measurement (the first time) it will just spit out the same number. You can reset it by hold something heavy and then re-weighing. My weight watchers brand scale does this and it's annoying.

Or......sweat. lots and lots of sweat.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You should package that and sell it.
  • berumotto
    Options
    My gym has a scale nicely situated in the womens locker room, so I often step on and off just cuz it's within 10 feet of my locker. :laugh:

The scale isn't digital-- its the type that you have to move the little weights. But I realize that it probably wasnt fat that I lost--- if it was, i'd DEFINITELY package that and sell it! :tongue:
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    Why would you weigh yourself more than once in a day?

Why not? What's the harm? I love weighing myself throughout the day to see where the lows and highs are - It's fun to see how much water weight I sweated out after a tough workout or how much my weight fluctuates throughout the course of a day.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    definitely water weight honey. That's why I used to weigh myself after working out. In reality I was probably just fooling myself lol.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Lol out weight fluctuates all day long! That's why you should weigh yourself each time (whether it be daily or weekly) at the same time every time! If you get on the scale 5 times a day, it'll most likely be different each time.