Would like to hear from the mommies out there,

Options

Replies

• marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    *Hand raised*
    My weight gain has ranged from 60-80 pounds with each of my 3 kids. I always lose it by 6 months...except this last one took 11 months to lose. My tummy gets flat and tight again too but I do have stretch marks ( they don't bother me at all) . I have celiac so I don't eat many carbs and when I cut out sugar, the pounds fly off without really trying. I breastfed each for over a year.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be done:).

My stats:

Per children - 146

Highest pregnancy weight - 196

Current weight - 124

My children are 7 & 3 years.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I lost at least 46 lbs after my 4th baby. I was down to 136, while I was 180-ish when I delivered. It can be done. Course, I'm pregnant again, so I get to do it all over again, lol. It's okay, though.
  • Bella20102010
    Bella20102010 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, ladies! I really appreciate them. Y'all look awesome, and the stories are inspirational!!! For those of you who had c-sections, did your stomach go back to normal? At this point, I'd go for fairly normal, lol.

Beth
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    it definitely can be done, you just have to be patient and not give up. I have 6 children, I never gain much in my pregnancies though, but some of my kids are as close as 11 months, so to get my figure back definitely requiered a lots of discipline, it stil does. LOL. I wish you luck, if you need any tips, feel free to befriend.
  • xiaowun
    xiaowun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weighed 168 when I became pregnant with my first and weighed 224 when I delivered. I lost almost 44 pounds immediately (I was down to 185) and then I just stopped losing weight. I did WW and got down to 139 right after my baby turned a year. Became pregnant with my second at 139 and delivered at 199 (I was determined to stay below 200!). Got down to 155 and stopped losing even though I was still doing WW. Got pregnant with my third at 155 and delivered at 195. Stopped losing weight again at 155 (and had to stop cutting calories due to supply issues). Weaned my baby in October and waited for the weight to magically fall off. It didn't of course. :) So I joined MFP on December first and am currently at 148.8. All that to say, I've gained and lost a lot of weight having my kids but it can be lost, as often as needed! This will be my last time, thankfully. :) You can totally do this!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I was 148-152 before my first. I got up to 209. I was able to drop down to 130 by the time she was a year old. I ended up gaining 10lbs by the time she was 2. I was moving and ate really bad. I got pregnant with my 2nd right around my daughter's 2nd birthday. Got up to right around 200 with him. I dopped down to 140 when he was a year old. Ended up gaining back around 20lbs. I really started working my tush off and got down to 125. He is 4 now and i've gained back 15lbs. I've moved across the country 3 times in 18 months. I have lost about 6lbs of it and working towards the rest.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be done. Took me until my youngest was 3 to focus on it, though. My best advice - try to get an exercise routine going. My best time was to get up and work out before the kids woke up. The weight is still off, 6 years later. (He was a 10+ pound baby, btw. I had yo-yoed up to 186 pounds when he 3 years old. Today,126. Well, 127 after Christmas!) :smile:
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I gained 100lbs! I'm down from 240 to 187! Still have 37lbs to lose! This is an everyday battle! I am determined to get to 150 again!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Both my kiddos were c/s. Overall my stomach is good. I have a small "ledge" but definitely coverable with a bikini. My loose skin is only noticable when doing planks/push-ups/ect. That is normal for all moms... my friend does fitness competitions (so very in shape) and has this. I would say a year for my stomacb to get pretty good and 2 for it to really get good. Hope this helps.
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    It can TOTALLY be done!!! I was heavy to begin with and once I had my kiddos my time and focus went completely to them and my weight went up and up and up! I didn't care about myself; only the well being of my babies. Finally, in January 2012 something "clicked"....if I wanted to be able to keep up with my fast growing kids, I needed to get myself in check and so, slowly but surely I have been plugging along. I have been on MFP for 11 months and have lost 64 pounds so far....not as fast as I was hoping but slow and steady wins the race, right?!?! I've had a lot of ups and downs, lots of tears, lots of emotions in general but I am winning this!!! And you can to!! I've learned to modify things in my everyday life to get those extra steps in, drink the extra water, etc. From someone who had NO motivation and hated the thought of exercise this CAN BE DONE! Hang in there....you got this!!
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes you can! Though it might take awhile, and my tummy will never be the same again (2 c-sections also) but it's worth it. :smile:

Pre-pregnancy: 135
    End of pregnancy #1: 195 :noway: (and I am only 5'2" so I was huge)

pre-pregnancy #2: 135
    End of pregnancy #2: 175

Now (my baby is 18 months): 127 and lots of muscle.:drinker:

I had to come to terms with the fact that I was eating WAY too big of portions to lose the last 20-30 lbs or so. Lifting weights has really changed my shape for the better though I lost the weight through diet only for the most part.
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    especially those who gained more than 50 pounds. My little boy is two. Between now and then, I lost 30, gained back 15, and now I'm pretty dang close to where I started from. :mad: Sometimes it feels like since I gained so much when I got pregnant that I'm too far gone. So, for any mommy out there who gained a lot with their pregnancy, it can be done, right?

Thanks,

Beth

I went from 148 to 194, after I had my daughter I weighed 184, and lost all the weight down to 115 pounds in 10 months. Now I am steadily gaining weight and muscle, and weigh about 120-125. Look and feel better than ever! You can do it, eat clean, eat enough calories, and work out regularly. You've got this!!
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Before I had my 4 year old daughter, I was 180 pounds. Delivery date, I was 270! I lost 20 pound in the hospital then held at 250 until August 2011, when I started taking control of myself. I'm 160 now :)
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Before I had my 4 year old daughter, I was 180 pounds. Delivery date, I was 270! I lost 20 pound in the hospital then held at 250 until August 2011, when I started taking control of myself. I'm 160 now :)

My daughter was over a year old in that <--- before picture.
  • julienguyenwilson
    Options
    Wow you look great! Send you a friend request totally inspired me!
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! Before I preg I lost 30 ish pounds (5'2) and when I preg with my oldest I was 128. After three kids in 4 years I was 168. In March of this I reached my pewk at 174. My youngest is 3. I started my journey ane got to 135. I? am now between I 137 to 135 depending. I have added weight training in. Myol diet has beej horrible lately but I am just going to climb back on. I would lioe to get to 124 by this summer and get my body fat percentage to 21%. I am currently 26%.
  • Sharra_Blackfire
    Options
    I gained 80 pounds with each of my pregnancies, lol. I'll make a post with before and afters if it makes anyone feel better
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I now have a 4 week old and HATE my jelly belly! I was well toned before pregnancy so seeing myself now is hard. Once my 8 week medical check is over with I plan to throw myself into fitness with the treadmill and zumba. I hope I can lose my 20dd lbs and take the inches off. I know its possible, its just going to be hard work! ;) x
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    especially those who gained more than 50 pounds. My little boy is two. Between now and then, I lost 30, gained back 15, and now I'm pretty dang close to where I started from. :mad: Sometimes it feels like since I gained so much when I got pregnant that I'm too far gone. So, for any mommy out there who gained a lot with their pregnancy, it can be done, right?

Thanks,

Beth

I just posted a topic, it can be done!!! I have only lost 10 lbs, but the change in me is so much more. Just stick with it and you can do it!! Check out my pics, "getting sexy back". You can do it too!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!