Mother of two - before/after. 28 years old, 5'9", 130 pounds

Options
Hello,

There was a post wanting to see stories from mommies who gained more than 50 pounds with their pregnancies. I have a six year old, and a two year old. For each of my pregnancies I had gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia. I gained 80 pounds each time I got pregnant, and my highest weight for both was about 200-210. My normal weight is in the 120's when I'm not muscular, and 130 (which I am right now) when I am muscular. But everyone wants pictures, so here you go. Hopefully it's not too borderline NSFW

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/sharrastuff/beforeafterpregnancies_sharra.jpg

For the record also, all of my fitness was achieved through weight lifting and circuit training. I don't do cardio because it aggravates a condition that I have known as interstitial cystitis. I lift weights 3-5 times a week for an hour each session. If anyone wants more details than that, I'm happy to provide them.

Replies

• CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I think I will start spending more time on strength training and less on cardio after seeing your pics! I have to say you had a beautiful baby bump. =)
  • Sharra_Blackfire
    Options
    Thank you! My son from that set of shots was almost 10lbs when he was born, so that was quite the effort, LOL

And yeah, squats/deadlifts/overhead presses/etc will definitely be your new best friend. Women think we'll get bulky if we go as heavy on the iron as we can manage, but it's not true. We just get cut and lean and hard =)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look really good...great job!! I also had 2 pregnancies with 50 pounds gained in both so I know how hard it can be to get back in shape but IT CAN BE DONE!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!