Best tasting whey or whey isolate ?and your current ones ?

Options

Replies

• MissJenova
    Options
    I use Cytosport Whey Vanilla Bean. Paired with vanilla almond milk it's delicious - just like a milkshake! I like the quality of Cytosport products as well. They have been my go to brand throughout my time working out.
  • MSCoastRPh
    Options
    I use GNC Amp Wheybolic chocolate
    60gm protein in 3 scoops with only 280 cal and 2gm sugar! Tastes great!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Whey is old news, Try Beef Protein or Egg protein. I'm currently using Carnivore by Muscle Meds.... Stacking with Animal Pak, Animal PM, Beast Mode by Beast Sports and Scivation Extend

So, in your opinion, in what way is beef or egg protein superior to whey?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    5kg Matrix Whey Protein, choccie flavour.

Whey Matrix Protein Amount Per 45g Serving:
    K cals/K: 146 k cals
    Protein: 24g
    Fat: 2.7g
    Of which are saturates: 2.2g
    Trans Fat: 0g
    Carbohydrates: 11g
    Sodium: Trace
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    drink the GNC Whey isolate chocolate...Love it
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I currently use the Unjury brand. Excellent tasting and mixibility. Whey Isolate. Have tried chocolate, vanilla, and the chicken soup-all very good. I use the unflavored in things like dips, shakes, etc. 21gm protein in 8 oz.

I use Unjury too and I like it. It's a good quality protein and it mixes well. I also get it for free so that is mainly why I use it. They also have an unflavored one that is great to mix into savory foods. 20g protein per scoop/100cals.
  • sterober
    Options
    Carnivor Chocolate! A lot of people told me "that stuff tastes like blood!" Wrong. The chocolate tastes like some kind of dessert coffee. I mix it with cold water and I love it! Haven't tried the fuit flavors and I don't care to.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Taste is a personal thing, so I doubt hearing everyone's individual favorite tastes will help you much. What you should be concerned about is the quality of the protein. Whey Protein Isolate is the best (most pure) form of protein; most "100% Whey" proteins are a blend of whey isolate and whey concentrate, which contains a much lower concentration of protein than isolate does (there can be a difference of well over 20%).

Other thing you need to know is that when you look at the amino acid profile for a protein powder, the only number that matters is whatever the lowest number is. The lowest number corresponds to what is called the limiting amino acid--limiting, meaning that is pretty much the most good your body will get out of that protein, because you need the amino acids in equal amounts to create a complete protein. A lot of protein powders will have like 1400mg of one amino acid and 300 of another. That means you're basically buying a protein powder that is wasting 1100 mg of arginine or something, just because it can only use 300 of any of the amino acids.

Short story, it isn't about taste so much as making sure you are getting the best bang for your buck: pure whey isolate and not the cheaply-produced, lower-quality blend (or the even more cheaply produced pure whey concentrate). And that isolate should have amino acids in similar amounts. As for brands, I like Pure Nutrition, Bluebonnet, and Jay Robb.

wow, good to know for next time i'm looking to re-supply. Thanks for the info.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Thats easy. Six star Whey Protein cookies and Cream. Freaking Amazing

63165670234.jpg
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I like Beverly International UMP chocolate....taste great!
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Unjury protein powders, which you can only order online. It is VERY yummy! Only problem with it is that it is not stable in hot liquids (above 130 degrees). So, you can only do 'warm' liquids.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, forgot to add, I LOVE the Nectar drinks!!! Most of those are VERY yummy! They have great flavors for when you want a 'cheat' and have a coctail, as they make great mixers... LOL
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer a fan of dairy products, but, when I was I thought Jay Robb was the absolute best. I liked the chocolate. (he also makes egg based protein which I use now) They are also, unfortunately, the most expensive. Beverly International comes as a close second.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Whey is old news, Try Beef Protein or Egg protein. I'm currently using Carnivore by Muscle Meds.... Stacking with Animal Pak, Animal PM, Beast Mode by Beast Sports and Scivation Extend

Liquid meat?

*blinks, wonders why not just eat some chicken breast?...*
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like Isopure Mango... but it tastes better bottled than powder.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Nutracore nutrition Isolate complete (whey isolate) or Lean Active 7 which is a blended protein with whey isolate, egg, 2 casein proteins, and milk protein. The chocolate in both of these proteins is phenomenal! But the Lean Active 7 also tastes great in vanilla, banana, and mixed berry!! Yum.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    note: i only ever buy chocolate flavor.

Best tasting that i have tried is Gaspari Myofusion.
    2nd place would be Optimum Nutrition Natural Chocolate
    3rd place would be Trutein
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard - Milk Chocolate, 32 g - Love it
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to Isopure. Dutch chocolate is my fave. I also have an unflavored that I'll use as a thickener for certain foods, and a strawberries and cream that honestly I don't really like too much. I use Met-Rx vanilla whey for protein pancakes, mostly because it's cheap and the flavor doesn't really come through that much anyways.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the one on sale.