Need some inspiration, 5'8 ladies!

Options
I'm 5'8 and am currently at about 270, trying to lose 100! I've been thinking that visualizing what I could look like at my goal weight would be helpful, so if anyone around my height has before and afters to share, that'd be great!

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Use your browser and search for mybodygallery.com. You can put in you height, weight and body type. You will see pictures of women with similar stats. These are just ordinary people, not models or anything. Then change the weight to your goal weight and see pictures of women at that weight. Because of this site, I've recently lowered my goal by 20 pounds.

Best of luck on your journey to health and fitness.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that tip! I wondered if there was a site out there like that.
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'8" and am currently at 157 and in a size 6. You can see before and after pics on my profile.

Good luck!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'8" and am currently at 157 and in a size 6. You can see before and after pics on my profile.

Good luck!

Congrats! You look great! =)
  • june21112
    Options
    I don't have any before and afters yet. I want to lose another 10 before I do one. I started at 289 and I am down to 260 now. I am 5'8". I want to lose about the same as you so feel free to add me and we can do this together :)

My profile pic shows my progress in pant sizes.
  • sarahpalmer84
    sarahpalmer84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just changed my profile picture so you can see what I look like. In May of this year, I was my heaviest at 206 pounds. I delivered my son mid May and was determined to lose of the 60 pounds I gained during his pregnancy. After I recovered enough from my C-Section, I did the elliptical and 30 Day Shred. I am currently down to 146. I am where I want to be. Working out and staying within your recommended calorie allowance is key. I am the farthest thing from a healthy eater, but I try to stay within my calorie range. I have only did it once. I have exceeded it every other day. So you can cheat daily, like I do, but do your best to stay on track and those extra unwanted pounds will melt off like butter. Good luck with your journey!
  • nikkiellie01
    nikkiellie01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hiya good luck on your journey, I am 5'8 and weigh about 159 at the mo .
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'8" and started at 180 and am currently about 150 and at maintenance - pics in my profile :)

When I was at 180, it was all chub and really no muscle...a lot of 5'8" ladies can pull off 180 really well though! I don't exercise as much as I should though (very little strength training, though I will be starting that again soon...I mostly just run)
  • Danielle817
    Danielle817 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am your height and was at 310 some years ago. I am now at 202 and trying to get back to 170 where I was before a horrible back injury. My pictures are not that great and I was not a part of this website when I initially lost all the weight. But I can tell you, with a lot of hard work, you can get down to your goal weight and feel better then you ever have. I moderate a group called One Day At A Time. Feel free to look it up and join or send me a friend request.
    BRENDA
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I don't have the true before pics of me at 308 but on my prfile are the 195 lbs and currant weight photos. 145-150 and in maintence. Also 52 years old.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    80pounds.jpg
    Progress.jpg
    100.jpg
    225.jpg
    120.jpg

340 to 220
    I'm currently 211.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 5'9 currently 230lbs, started 8/20/12 flucuating between 280-290lbs. You can see my pics on my profile. The one in the black dress is a terrible face shot. Anyway the taller we are the better we carry the weight, at 220 I will wear a size 12. I wear a 14 now.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My picture is in my profile. I'm 25 & 5'8. My highest weight was 270, pregnant. But I lost 20 and stayed at 245-250 for 3.5 years. I started taking control in August 2011 (quite a few times I lost motivation and gave up for a month at a time, once it was 2 months!) and I'm 161 pounds now with 6 more to lose :)
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and lost a bunch myself!! I'd be happy to support you!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    5'8" 151 pounds. My goal is 148
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My before I was 171 and now it's about 127..I'm 5'8. You can do this!!!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm around 170 in my profile pic - 5'8 too....
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    5' 8", down a total of 100 pounds although 54 since I started MFP. Currently 153. Pics in profile.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Before: 319 lbs
    After: 135 lbs
    Height: 5'8 1/2"
    Size 30/32 bottom and 26/28 top down to size 6/8 in the bottom, 4/6 in the top.

beforesmaller.jpg20months-2_zps1c5eea88.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!