Free Stuff for Working Out?

Options
So I promise this isn't an advertisement, and I do not work for this company in any way (darn it!). But I just wanted to let you know about a rewards program for working out. I saw it featured on Yahoo! and thought I would try it out.
It's called the S2H (Switch 2 Health) Replay, where you earn rewards for working out. The device is called the S2H Replay.
I got my S2H Replay in the mail today. Did a workout using the Wii Fit Dance and it worked great. It works by sensing your arm motion, and rechecks every 2-3 minutes. When you workout for an hour, you get a code that you enter into your account on the S2H website. Got my first code.. it was worth 60 points. The rewards are forever changing, but you can save up your points for a Wii or XBOX 360.... Only so many of each reward is offered, but they come back and cycle new rewards, so if you wanted Target gift cards, they will be back when you are ready to cash in. Some of the companies include Best Buy, Boarders & Blockbuster (I know, I know), Target, Sears, Snapfish, ToysRUs, and many more. You can check them out on their website, and see how many points you need for each reward.
I think this would be a great motivational tool. Especially when you aren't motivated when you have hit that plateau (me right now), or when you just don't feel like getting that workout in. Just think of all the cool, free stuff you could be cashing in on if you would just get off the couch for 1 hour!
They have a few new products coming out. The S2H Step is a pedometer that gives you credit if you are a walker/runner. I believe it will only give you a code if you hit x number of steps. (Maybe 10,000... so if you get 10,000 steps per day, you get a code... if it takes 2 days to hit it, you get a code every other day.) The Replay is great for runners, as long as you don't use it on a treadmill. It doesn't register, as you don't move your arms as much when you are on the treadmill, so you would have to attach it to your shoe. Looks like the S2H Step will be coming out soon.. early summer.
They are also coming out with the S2H Connect, which would work with your Nike + or other fitness tracking devices. That is coming soon.
My husband already wants me to order him a Replay. He is a runner, but he would wear it at work, etc. I think I am going to get the Step when it comes out as well. Not sure if you will be able to use more than one device per day, as you can only enter 1 code per day. But you could always open a second account with a different e-mail address and get double credit. Doesn't help if you are saving up for big rewards, but you can always cash them in on the small rewards, like $10 gift cards to target, etc.
Check out the website. www.s2h.com. Message me if you have any questions. Not sure if I can answer them yet, but I will try.

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    ITS ONLY 20 Dollars!?!?! WHAT??! I might have to get one this summer!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That actually looks really cool and motivating... I'm in Australia, any idea if it's a worldwide deal?
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    bump
    Not sure if it is worldwide, but you can check. I believe that they said something in the Yahoo! article and I remember having to select a country. You can check on the website when you click on rewards and select your country.
    PS, QVC.com sells it for $16 and you can get different colored bands, which are cool. You just take the black interface out and put it in a different colored band. Make sure you check the size before you order!!!
    Can't wait for the Step!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    so how many points for something like a Wii?
  • MelleyJ
    Options
    bump
    A Wii is 15000 points. Not too bad. You can go to the website and look at the rewards without having to log into an account.
    www.s2h.com
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You can get/use this in Australia, but it's twice the price - $40 (about US$42) which I think is a bit steep.
    I think you'd have to be pretty dedicated to get that back in gift cards. Not so many rewards either. I do like the concept though!
  • MelleyJ
    Options
    bump
    I think as they get more members (fairly new device, just came out within the last year) the amount of rewards and the vendors will increase as well. Some of the rewards I have seen are:
    iTunes Gift Cards
    Napster Gift Gards
    Staples
    Snapfish
    Barnes & Noble
    Sony
    ****s Sporting Goods
    Amazon.com
    Best Buy
    Toys R Us
    Target
    Nintendo
    XBOX 360
    Free DVD's
    Facebook
    Lowe's
    GameStop
    Fit Kit
    Sears
    Foot Locker (Kids & Lady also)
    and of course... S2H, so you can cash in for the Step or the Connect later on.
    Also, you could have more than one device under two different e-mail addresses. Then you could double cash in on your rewards. Instead of getting 5 $10 gift cards to target, you could get 10 by using the Step & the Replay on different accounts. There are lots of rewards for kids, which is what it was originally designed for. It started with a bunch of people tired of childhoold obesity. Getting really popular in schools with gym teachers, etc.
    Pretty great concept, and nice to be rewarded for your fitness by someone else. Anyone else out there have this or trying this?
  • MelleyJ
    Options
    You can get/use this in Australia, but it's twice the price - $40 (about US$42) which I think is a bit steep.
    I think you'd have to be pretty dedicated to get that back in gift cards. Not so many rewards either. I do like the concept though!

I looked it up on the website. The press release said it was only made available in Austraila May 18, so it hasn't been out that long. Check back later for more rewards, etc.
  • NanoReefDiver
    NanoReefDiver Posts: 153
    Options
    How exciting! I would love to know if anyone here has been successful redeeming rewards and generally how long it takes to build up say, 100 points? I also wonder how often they have big item rewards like the Wii (in which I only see 1 left in terms of quantity)?
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NanoReefDiver
    NanoReefDiver Posts: 153
    Options
    http://tidytangle.com/2011/04/01/s2h-switch-2-health-replay/

^^^ This website gave a good breakdown of S2H. Still hoping for some more personal experiences though! And the idea that the gift cards keep going up in price is kind of disappointing.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    this looks so cool! AND IT COMES IN PINK! i'm totally asking for one for my birthday!
  • whitesoxkitty90
    Options
    I was thinking of purchasing the s2h step. Do you know how many steps you have to take to get a point? Also, do you know how man points a code is worth? If I had this information then I would better understand the product and would know if it would be worth it for me to purchase. Thank you!
  • Hi,

I use the ARC Trainer at the gym a lot. (It is a combination of eliptical, treadmill, and step machine. http://www.cybexintl.com/virtualCoach/arcVideo.aspx?id=1&sub=1)

Do you recommend getting the S2H Replay or S2H Step?

Thanks!
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    I just checked it out, seems pretty awesome except 1 thing: you can only get the cool prizes if you are American! I signed up and put I'm Canadian and the ONLY prize available, was a 20% off coupon to join a fitness website.... You Americans get all the good stuff!!