• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    great post!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Sardinia_zpsd4fea7dc.jpg

My Daughter in Sardinia.

BridgeinFrance_zpsc6e420bb.jpg

On a bridge in France where her fiance proposed. The locks are locked onto the fence and the keys thrown in the water to represent ever lasting love.

ChinaGreatWall_zps3d6d7186.jpg

Great Wall of China. She ran a Marathon there.

Peru_zps59cba926.jpg

She's in Peru where she ran another race on some trail.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Wish my daughter would call.
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    You tell a great story. I understand the isolation you feel. Different circumstances of course, but I think you handled things with incredible poise.

I hope you get the relationship you look for with all your children.

Here's to a new year!
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    That is so AWESOME!!! You took the first step towards mending broken relationships. Let go of yesterday and with everything in you, hold on to what you all have created this moment! Good luck!!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Very sweet story! You have a beautiful daughter, and I hope all continues to go well for your family in the new year!
  • Glad you both were able to move forward and make the most of the situation as you could....I hope the communcation improves with time and you get to enjoy being a part of each other's lives from now on...thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    WOW your post intrigued me I kept reading on. I can relate to a certain extent but I am the daughter of a man who received a phone call after 20 years. Many things go through a childs head after divorce or other life changing events. A wedding seems to be just one of those life changing events. Mine was my pregnancy with his grandchild. There were many of the awkward moments just like you described. I was glad to see the similarities. Unfortunately my story did not have a happy ending. The thing I want to say to you is talk, talk, talk , talk about everything good bad and ugly... Because if that might have been done in my case my ending might have been different. Enjoy many more holidays with your family. Family is everything if you don't have family, you got nothing in my opinion. Family is everything to me... Congrats on your call from her, so glad you shared this with us. Good luck :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    :smile:
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Wishing you ALL a long, beautiful future and a very wonderful New Year.
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    That's great that you were there for her ... and that you showed class and support. It's a hard thing to do. I'm glad your daughter is back in your life, no matter how convoluted and messy life can be.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    You are talented at conveying your emotion through written word. Glad you got in touch with your daughter. Be sincere and hold her close. Don't guard yourself... just let yourself be open to change and embrace this new experience. Best of luck.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    I hope you all are able to heal and spend some wonderful time together.
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    so sweet :) I hope you guys continue to see each other/stay in touch.