Replies

• LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    LOL. definitely not. maybe some do.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    no way!!! if u shave it grows back thicker!!! i never touch my face cuz.... uh.. obviously i dont have to lol im not a he woman..
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i was so hoping it was toe knuckles
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    I was just reading this earlier. Kinda crazy. No facial shaving for me.
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears shaving her face keeps it soft.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    no way!!! if u shave it grows back thicker!!! i never touch my face cuz.... uh.. obviously i dont have to lol im not a he woman..

this is true. and it grows back in sticking straight up and is never the same texture of hair again.

I only know this because I am a licensed cosmetologist, and they actually touched on this top in cosmo school and how awful it is to do :)
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    False. You just shave it off at an angle so it gives the appearance that it's thicker.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ew, I just don't understand. Wax if you must??
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I let it stay...
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a little odd... just thought it was something new..... It would be an awkward site for me to walk in one day and my SO is using the Gillette with gel on her face going to town. LOL!!!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'll pass on that one!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears shaving her face keeps it soft.

It's actually a really great exfoliation. I also have friends who swear by it - and by how soft and beautiful their skin is, it works.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad. I've done it on occasion. The trick is to brush the razor over lightly, and not to press down hard. But the Olay depilatory cream works just as nice
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I've never had a reason to. I've barely got any hair as it is. But I can see why it would work. Let people shave where they want in my opinion!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't care what women do
  • CrystalZ2012
    CrystalZ2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ew, I just don't understand. Wax if you must??
    Bleach...or possibly Nair. lol Might not have been the prettiest girl in the room ever, but at least I never had an issue with this! lol
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, the article is not about shaving your face. It's about "dermaplaning." Which sounds more like exfoliation than something specifically for hair removal.

Also, shaving your face (or any other place) will NOT cause hair to grow back thicker. It's literally impossible since you are not changing the way it grows out of the follicle below the surface of the skin. It just feels coarser because the end is blunted. That's just common sense, folks.
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, the article is not about shaving your face. It's about "dermaplaning." Which sounds more like exfoliation than something specifically for hair removal.

Also, shaving your face (or any other place) will NOT cause hair to grow back thicker. It's literally impossible since you are not changing the way it grows out of the follicle below the surface of the skin. It just feels coarser because the end is blunted. That's just common sense, folks.

I agree! My mother is an estheticin and told me that taking a dry razor to the face (gently) is very similar to derma planing....not so much for hair removal (but that is a side effect), but to exfoliate dead skin. I have tried in a small area, and it actually works and my skin is softer and smoother.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options

this is true. and it grows back in sticking straight up and is never the same texture of hair again.

I only know this because I am a licensed cosmetologist, and they actually touched on this top in cosmo school and how awful it is to do :)

Hair can only grow back in as thick as the follicle allowed for in the first place. WTF school did you attend?
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Yes they do! In theory, it makes your face smoother while getting rid off hair. It also gets rid off death cells.
    I never wanted to test this theory. I will keep whatever fuzz I have on face since I don't want it looking like my SO!!