and the journey begins

Options
I just turned 50 years old, and I am 5' 5" tall, weighing in at 240 lbs. Although I "wear it well" I know that I must lose weight for my health. My brother recently died and this has forced me to look at my own mortality. Hoping for encouragement on this site and hopefully some new eating tips and menu ideas.

Katrina

:smile:

Replies

• rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I wish you luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me. I log in every day and try to encourage everyone who post!
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I log it every day too and am happy to have new friends.
  • Aliykat
    Options
    I just joined as well, feel free to add me :)
  • Mal76137
    Mal76137 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome You have made the first step in changing your health. Feel free to add me. Anyone is welcome to add me
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    welcome aboard. Were nearly the same age. both my brothers diabetic soooooo. yeah. gets ya thinking
    anhone can add me if they wish
  • pulelehua510
    Options
    This is a great site. Lot's of great incouragement from everyone. It's inspirational and motivating to watch others success. Feel free to add me :)
  • melanielb8273
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Can always use the extra encouragement. You are heading in the right direction by joining.
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your lost. When my brother-in-law passed away, it turned my life upside down. I try not to take anything for granted. We can do this. We deserve to be healthy and happy. :)