Breakfast Ideas?????

Options
I want to find a filling breakfast without a lot of calories. Any ideas???

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Eggs with extra whites and lots of veggies, oats, fruit and yogurt,
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Muesli and Greek yoghurt with fruit
    I like scrambled eggs with a fit and delicious low carb tortilla
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1 cup fage 0% greek yogurt (plain), 1 banana coarsely mashed, and 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder = 240
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    An omelette with lots of veggies, no cheese.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    1 apple with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter- slice up your apple and dip it in the Peanut butter- my kids like PB Apples with Cheerios- they dip them in the Cheerios for extra crunch.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Pack of instant oatmeal 130cals (the brand I get)
    Banana 100

Breakfast 230 cals
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with cinnamon and sugar sweetener and a boiled egg with black pepper. I ate this for a long time for breakfast and I lost a bunch of weight and was very satisfied not hungry til lunch.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Veggie omelet with spinach, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms/whatever you like in an omelet.
    I like to pour salsa on top(low calorie but somewhat high sodium).
    For less fat, egg white omelet.

If you don't like veggies, scramble eggs/ egg whites and add salsa/hot sauce/what have you.

Eggs are filling and protein-y.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do a veggie sausage patty (preferably from Trader Joe's and not Morning Star as morning star has A LOT of ingredients in theirs) in a frying pan sprayed with olive oil. Once it is about done, I chop it up with the spatula and add a scrambled mixture of one egg and 3 eggs whites. Once the scramble is all cooked together, I add about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and some delightful cholula. I think all this comes in at about 220 calories. You can cut the cheese and it is still really darn good.
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1 wheat eggo with 2 tbs peanut butter and 1/2 c 2% cottage cheese.
  • eveadams721
    eveadams721 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1 cup of special k, small handfull of sliver almonds, 1/2 a banana and 1/2 cup of fat free organic milk..keeps you full and is yummy
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    omelette with veggies and cheese
    eggs w/ cheese
    eggs and toast
    toast with peanut butter
    eggs w/ bacon or turkey bacon or sausage
    breakfast burritos
    cereal
    yogurt w/ fruit
    oatmeal

seriously, possibilities are endless.
  • gkershner
    Options
    The maple instant oatmeal I use is only 100 calories, so that with a piece of fruit is what I have most weekdays.
  • djenah79
    Options
    Yeah, breakfast is definitely the easiest low-cal meal of the day. fruit, oatmeal, and eggs are the way to go, even cereal isn't bad. I usually have either an egg sandwich (1 piece toast, 1 egg, 1/2 slice of cheese, 1 slice of bacon) or oatmeal, and i'll add fruit if I'm not fully satisfied, or sometimes i'll just have fruit.

It's always a good idea to drink a full bottle of water right when you wake up to get your body going...and it will also help you feel more full.
  • devynmariee
    Options
    PROTEIN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCAKES!
    honestly its my form of drug.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal! It's good for you, filling, and low in cals if you're careful about the type of ingredients. You make it the night before and it's ready to eat in the morning. Skinnytaste has a lot of good recipes.
    I mainly make mine with frozen strawberries, blueberries, bananas, cinnamon. The combos are unlimited. :)
    I also make 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats (boiled with 1 cup water), add splenda or whatever sweetener you like. I add about 1/2 cup mashed fruit to it after it's cooked.
  • carriebailey72
    carriebailey72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love egg whites with veggies and salsa. I can't eat oatmeal it makes me want to eat all day long.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    2 low sodium ham slices, 1 Thomas light English muffin, 2 tbs of 2% shredded cheese and 1/4 cup egg beaters is under 200 cal and oh so filling!
  • shanehd
    shanehd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do a omlette with 1 whole egg with two egg whites mushrooms and red onion with some sweet thai chilli sauce on top.