I lost about 70lbs in 2011, and now...

Options
In 2011 I worked my tail off and lost about 70lbs, going from about 250 to 180. I felt better than I had in years, and I was able to make a life long dream of mine come true - I became a surrogate mother!! I got pregnant in January 2012, and gave birth in September 2012 to a little boy whose parents couldn't have children on their own. What a magnificant journey that was! And yes, my weight is back up, but I was able to give the gift of life, so I have no regrets. :)

And now I'm back at square one, trying once again to lose the weight and get healthy. I've done it once and I know I can do it again - it's just a matter of taking it day by day.

Replies

• Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    What an amazing gift to give people who were in need! You have such a great attitude... can't wait to hear about your progress! :smile:
  • Black_Widow1976
    Black_Widow1976 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    since you did it before...you can and will do it again!

when i started my weight loss journey...i weighed 265lbs. now i am 164 lbs(could be less..i need new batteries for my scale).
  • jasroper
    Options
    Thank you both for posting and congrats on your previous and upcoming transformations :) I have a question : what helped you keep it off? Rather, what helped you trust in what you were doing to lose weight? Did you know your plan was going to work, or did you gather bits and pieces of information and did a trial and error? For me to be only 20lbs over my normal weight and not too far from my athletic build, I've nevre had to lose weight before, I just went to the gym because I liked lighting weights. And after falling in and out of the gym....well....I'm here :)
  • Black_Widow1976
    Options
    Thank you both for posting and congrats on your previous and upcoming transformations :) I have a question : what helped you keep it off? Rather, what helped you trust in what you were doing to lose weight? Did you know your plan was going to work, or did you gather bits and pieces of information and did a trial and error? For me to be only 20lbs over my normal weight and not too far from my athletic build, I've nevre had to lose weight before, I just went to the gym because I liked lighting weights. And after falling in and out of the gym....well....I'm here :)

I found changing your workout every 2 weeks helps ( your body will get use to a routine and the weight won't budge). Also, adding in cardio and counting calories helps big time. With me i lost most of my weight by cutting out gluten,dairy and processed foods. Unless you are gluten sensitive or have celiac disease..do not go gluten free. Look for breads/pastas made from Kumut or Spelt instead. I use stevia as a sugar substitute ( i try to avoid splenda and aspartame like the plague ) .
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Congrats on the previous weight loss!

I found that making small changes helps for keeping habits. Choosing water over soda. Eliminating cheese from a salad. Walking to the store even if it is to get some candy. Then I gradually make smarter choices so that it doesn't feel like i'm giving up too much at once.
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    I have a unique story too, in that I lost 140 pounds in 06/07 just to gain it all back in 08. In 2010 I got the courage to try again, and I did the same EATING program, but I coupled that with the behavior modification I had ignored the first time around. I've kept off the 130 pounds I lost for over a year now. So it isn't that the program failed me or that I didn't trust enough in the plan, it is that I didn't orient myself towards health in the process the first time, which left me in an oscillating pattern of lose-gain-repent-repeat.

Now I've oriented myself towards health. And am loving it!
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What an amazing sacrifice you gave to help someone else out. I wish you all the best in your journey to get the weight back off. You deserve to do something for you now :) Add me if you like...I could use some fresh support as I am recommiting myself for 2013!
  • itsgr8t2bme
    itsgr8t2bme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs. I started in Jan 2009 and did GREAT until Aug 2010. Twice in my adult life I have dropped to 180 and hit a wall. Gradually the weight comes back. I CERTAINLY do not want to get up to my highest weight, well above 260...I quit weighing!! Anyway, I am looking for some support as I jump BACK on the bandwagon again!!
  • Black_Widow1976
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs. I started in Jan 2009 and did GREAT until Aug 2010. Twice in my adult life I have dropped to 180 and hit a wall. Gradually the weight comes back. I CERTAINLY do not want to get up to my highest weight, well above 260...I quit weighing!! Anyway, I am looking for some support as I jump BACK on the bandwagon again!!

i ran into the same problem until my friend ( who is a personal trainer ) suggested i change my workout every 2 weeks. she told me that by changing it up..the body will be forced to adapt ( which burns more calories).