BUMP
  • binkydo123456789
    binkydo123456789 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ooh. I've seen recipes like this on pinterest... thinking i'll have to finally give in and try this one!
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks! These look delish!!
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    Definitely trying these this weekened!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I did this for Christmas morning and my family loved them!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I have to figure out why they stuck to the pan though!!! Maybe I didn't spray the pan well enough, but regardless...there weren't any left!!! Thanks again for sharing!
  • perchingbird
    Options
    There are many variations around, play with it! I first saw them a couple years ago in the South Beach Diet books, and also on Kalyn's Kitchen recipe blog. http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html

I usually use turkey bacon, mushrooms, egg whites (the pourable kind makes it super easy), spinach, and green bell pepper, salt, and pepper, and top with reduced fat mexican cheese blend. To keep them from sticking I use a silicone muffin pan, and usually don't have any issues.

1 muffin is not really enough, so saying 74 calories in one serving is a bit misleading, unless you're having a Green Smoothie to go along with it!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bump, will be great to take to work
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    started making something similar.

can someone tell me what the baking soda is for? i never put any in mine. does it make a difference in texture?
  • chelkins16
    chelkins16 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    This was an excellent idea! I tried it out this morning with the ingredients I had on hand (regular sausage instead of turkey sausage), and it was AWESOME. I am definitely going to have to stock up on turkey sausage so it will be healthier. Have you learned yet if they can be frozen? Does anyone know how long they can be refridgerated before they go bad? I'm out of town a couple days a week, and if I make them on Sundays, it'd be nice to have a treat when I get home on Thursday or Friday..
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    These sound fantastic!
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump