really dont want to lose boobs

Options

Replies

• proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    No one pays attention to boobs now... that went out in the 90's.

If your *kitten* is ok you will be fine.

lmao
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I have heard that if you have lots of healthy fats in your diet (avacado, olives, nuts, etc), you should still stay "fuller" in that area. I'm not really a boob expert though, so I have no idea how true that is, lol.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    They're going to do what they're going to do, pretty much. The older you get, the more you come to accept that your body is going to change and you have to learn to love the body you have and make the most of what you've got. Unless you want to spend a ton of money on plastic surgery, and even then, time and gravity will continue to take their toll.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Try getting older. I used to lose my boobs when I lost weight. Now I'm ancient (well - late 40s) they seem to have stayed. Mind you, my tummy is more difficult to get rid of now. ;-)
  • PrisonOfMeat
    Options
    Tits are overrated anyway. They're literally just hanging off of your chest, and to have a nice ( big ) pair, all you really need is a push up bra, good lighting, and foundation that is a shade darker than your natural color. It's all about that nice, firm, sculpted *kitten* you get from working out.

The chances of you keeping your tits are slim, but I may be wrong because you're already a "small" cup size. A C is definitely not small, by the way, unless you compare yourself to silicone queens or people who use two push up bras "for fashion" plus makeup and photoshop. (coughNICKIMINAJISA36Ccough).

Edit - For the record, I'm 120 pounds and hourglass shaped. I went from a 38C ( 140 pounds ) to a 32C ( current weight ). You may or may not lose the tits. But once again, tits are overrated and annoying. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOOTY.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I lost 50 pounds, I was able to keep my D's (:
    that's what I like to hear lol

Please don't lose your boobs!
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Worry about it IF and when it happens

this is good for many things in life!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Well, I have always been an A cup, and I love my boobs. Just because they are small doesn't mean that they aren't fabulous.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be flat and fit than fat and unhealthy. So if I lose my boobs as I slim down...I am totally okay with that.

This.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My c cup seems small compared to most people anyway but I really don't want them any smaller but I know I don't have a choice anyone have any luck keeping theirs after weight loss

I'm guessing you don't live in England. Over here if you're higher than a C it's a pain in the butt to find clothes that'll fit. Unless I only buy things that contain spandex, I'm forced to buy dresses in 3-4 dress sizes bigger than I wear in skirts or pants, and then take them in maybe 5 inches at the waist.

Not really relevant, I just felt like whinging.

The simple answer is that some people lose their boobs when they lose weight and some don't. I have friends who've shrunk from a D or DD to a B, and friends who've kept them. It just seems to vary from body to body. So I wouldn't worry too much now until you actually know that they're starting to get smaller. You might be one of those women who keeps the size. I'm guessing it depends on how much of your current breast mass is fatty tissue and how much is firm fibrous tissue - some women carry more fat on their boobs than others - but I'm not sure how you'd find out until you lose the weight and your boobs either shrink or don't.

If it turns out they do get smaller, you can always tone up the muscles in your upper body, which'll make what you've got stand out more. And keep in mind that small breasts are much more versatile than big ones, since you can always make them look bigger with padded bras, gel pads, etc. Good luck making big ones look smaller without painful minimising bras or surgery!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Some people lose some of their boobs, others don't. I'm wearing the same bra size as I was nearly 40 pounds ago, so you won't necessarily lose them. I am a 36C.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago when I was at my now goal weight I had an A cup, I don't want that again

If you've been an A cup as an adult, that's probably what you'll go back to.

But there's more to life than boobs, and padded push-up bras are great for that sort of thing. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Mine are a UK D cup (i think that's a US C) and they have been for ages. They were bigger when I first started losing weight but only because I'd just had a baby. They were a D cup years ago when I was a US size 6, and a D cup when I put on weight. In my 1st pregnancy they only went up to an E.

I've lost 55lbs since my 2nd baby was 8 weeks old, and they are still a D cup.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My c cup seems small compared to most people anyway but I really don't want them any smaller but I know I don't have a choice anyone have any luck keeping theirs after weight loss

I'm guessing you don't live in England. Over here if you're higher than a C it's a pain in the butt to find clothes that'll fit. Unless I only buy things that contain spandex, I'm forced to buy dresses in 3-4 dress sizes bigger than I wear in skirts or pants, and then take them in maybe 5 inches at the waist.

Not really relevant, I just felt like whinging.

The simple answer is that some people lose their boobs when they lose weight and some don't. I have friends who've shrunk from a D or DD to a B, and friends who've kept them. It just seems to vary from body to body. So I wouldn't worry too much now until you actually know that they're starting to get smaller. You might be one of those women who keeps the size. I'm guessing it depends on how much of your current breast mass is fatty tissue and how much is firm fibrous tissue - some women carry more fat on their boobs than others - but I'm not sure how you'd find out until you lose the weight and your boobs either shrink or don't.

If it turns out they do get smaller, you can always tone up the muscles in your upper body, which'll make what you've got stand out more. And keep in mind that small breasts are much more versatile than big ones, since you can always make them look bigger with padded bras, gel pads, etc. Good luck making big ones look smaller without painful minimising bras or surgery!

I'm in the UK, and around a 34D (although I haven't been measured since having kids so am wearing old bras) and today I am wearing a Topshop size 12 (US 8) dress.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    In my experience, my bust size seems to have changed roughly in proportion to my weight. The bigger I am, the bigger the chest, and the smaller I am, the smaller the chest.

Being less than a C isn't necessarily small. The cup sizes go up with the back sizes, so I believe that somebody who fits a 38B has the same cup size (i.e. actual breast size) as someone who wears a 36C, 34D, 32DD or 30E. (I'm not sure why it goes up to DD before E. So confusing!). You might be bigger than you think!

As others have said, you can "adjust" your bust size with the right bras, clothes, etc. if you don't like it (although I think there is a lot to like about being smaller. Many people would be envious!).
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My band size changes but not my cup size. My friend is also losing weight and her band size is going down but her cup size is going up! It is what it is, unless you want surgery once you're maintaining your target weight you'll just have to accept yourself the way you are. I've had to come to terms with the fact that I'll be fat or I'll be thin but I'll always be a B cup and I'll never have a nicely rounded *kitten*. It's just the way I'm built.
  • Harriann84
    Options
    I am a UK 38HH (haven't a clue what the American equivalent is), with the 21lbs I have lost, I have dropped from a 42HH to a 38HH. I am hoping I have genetics on my side, but I am not that bothered if mine do disappear. (I am sure Hubby would have a bit of an issue!)
    Boobs don't make the person. Be proud of what you have accomplished, hold your head up high and don't worry about whether you have a "decent" rack. Invest in some fabulous bras and embrace the fact that you can wear strapless tops without the added scaffolding. xx

Sending hugs xx
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago when I was at my now goal weight I had an A cup, I don't want that again

Then don't lose weight?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I was an A at 140 pounds and an A at 103 pounds and everything in between. I can't give you much sympathy there. Don't lose weight if you care so much.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I'm in the UK, and around a 34D (although I haven't been measured since having kids so am wearing old bras) and today I am wearing a Topshop size 12 (US 8) dress.

Handy information, thanks. I've never shopped at Topshop, but I'll try. Shops vary so much in bust allowance here. Jane Norman was great before the takeover. New Look is hit-or-miss. H&M and Monsoon are atrocious - I wear a 16 in skirt or sweater in Monsoon (maybe an 18 after Christmas!)...and a 24 in evening gowns. With half a foot of extra fabric at the waist. Currently 38E in bras, although I'll likely be a 34-36D / DD when I get to my goal weight (that's what I was in college, anyway).

Okay, I really am going to stop whinging now. Thanks for the info. :)