EXERCISES for lower stomach

Options
What exercises can I do to work out my lower stomach, after having 2 C-sections?
Edited by paulksh on Wed 04/07/10 01:33 PM

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    ready?

Planks! Lots and lots of plank exercises. Cross knee planks, push ups, superman (on stomach) one armed one leg raise plank. The one where you lie on your back hands near your bottom back flat lift and lower legs. The one where you lie flat on your back legs bent at 90 degrees bring them up and a little roll for a reverse crunch. I've had two c-sections my self and I'm SURPRISED to find that these things DO work! *clap clap* Now if only I could find a solution for the excess skin :*
  • Jparadise72
    Options
    ready?

Planks! Lots and lots of plank exercises. Cross knee planks, push ups, superman (on stomach) one armed one leg raise plank. The one where you lie on your back hands near your bottom back flat lift and lower legs. The one where you lie flat on your back legs bent at 90 degrees bring them up and a little roll for a reverse crunch. I've had two c-sections my self and I'm SURPRISED to find that these things DO work! *clap clap* Now if only I could find a solution for the excess skin :

Wow Thanks!! Ive had 3 c sections myself and really if could just get my *apron* under control then I would be O so happy!!! Great post and great answer!! PLANKS here I come :smile:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting those exercises I was wondering the same thing. I've had 2 c-sections myself and that area drives me crazy!
  • seesylrun
    seesylrun Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ready?

Planks! Lots and lots of plank exercises. Cross knee planks, push ups, superman (on stomach) one armed one leg raise plank. The one where you lie on your back hands near your bottom back flat lift and lower legs. The one where you lie flat on your back legs bent at 90 degrees bring them up and a little roll for a reverse crunch. I've had two c-sections my self and I'm SURPRISED to find that these things DO work! *clap clap* Now if only I could find a solution for the excess skin :*

Thanks for posting this! I'm off to do some planks. ;)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :) Your very welcome! I forgot to add one. The side plank. I'll post a link to describe this one LOL
    http://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/plank.html
    Don't neglect your cardio though. A tip I picked up from Jillian Michales videos is even when working on muscles mix some cardio in. So, what I do is alternate with every set I do 45sec of jump rope, jugging in place, or butt kicks. The idea is to keep your heart rate up while working the muscles. :) HTH:flowerforyou:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    My husband always gets up first to shower for work. While I am waiting for the bathroom I do reverse crunches off the side of my bed, regular crunches, and work my obliques. It doesn't take long, but I do see a big difference in my abs. Fortunately you can work your abs every day if you choose.
  • ChadRademacher
    Options
    A good exercise besides planks for the lower stomach is hanging leg raises. You can do them with knees bent to start then when you grow accustomed to them and your abs become stronger you can do them straight legged to increase the difficulty.
  • paulksh
    paulksh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply! I will definitely adding planks to my workout tomorrow!!