Do I need protein shakes?

Options
124»

Replies

• CoachSamB
    CoachSamB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No offense, but when I look at the people offering suggestions/studies/experience-based-advice, I kinda wanna see what they look like. Because they look how they look based on what THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE. And like I said, no offense, but there are a lot of people with a lot of nicely structured bodies giving advice. I'd much rather follow their advice. It would be like paying thousands of dollars working with an obese trainer. NOBODY would do that. NOBODY.

So, my advice for anyone seeking advice from others? Listen to the ones who have had a positive experience, and judge that based on how successful they've been. And until you're completely successful, I wouldn't be giving too much PROFESSIONAL advice.

Just my thoughts....
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    No offense, but when I look at the people offering suggestions/studies/experience-based-advice, I kinda wanna see what they look like. Because they look how they look based on what THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE. And like I said, no offense, but there are a lot of people with a lot of nicely structured bodies giving advice. I'd much rather follow their advice. It would be like paying thousands of dollars working with an obese trainer. NOBODY would do that. NOBODY.

So, my advice for anyone seeking advice from others? Listen to the ones who have had a positive experience, and judge that based on how successful they've been. And until you're completely successful, I wouldn't be giving too much PROFESSIONAL advice.

Just my thoughts....

I understand your logic here. While I agree about the trainer comment, I think you also have to make a distinction between physique and knowledge as they are two entirely different things.

Just as an example:

27zfa6e.jpg

^ That guy doesn't look impressive.

But he's also remarkable when it comes to fitness/bodybuilding information. And remarkable is an understatement.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options

Just my thoughts....
    Sam...good point. The fruit of our philosophy is represented in our fitness level and results.
    I see much more value in those getting results, and that includes any stage of the journey.
    And as for personal trainers, I'd never hire a fat guy.
    That's just absurd. People can't give what they do not have.