failing horribly

Options
So I definately just downed a large Dairy Queen blizzard... My diet has been so horrible lately that I haven't even entered it in my Diary and I've pretty much given up on exercising altogether.
As of about 2 weeks ago I had lost 7lbs but i'm afraid to go near the scale again knowing I HAVE to have gained most of it back.

I need something to help me not fail. lol...

Replies

• Twinmommy13
    Options
    Hi! First of all you havent failed!! We all have the BAD days here and there and believe it or not those are the days that get us through. You best bet is to get back on track tomorrow. Start back tracking tomorrow, and try to talk a 30 minute stroll. You will feel much better and you will be back on track in no time!! Hang in there! We can all do this! If you need support feel free to friend me!
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up.

Well, OK, fine, beat yourself up. But then get over it.

We all fail. It's not about how many times you fall off, it's about how many times you get back up again.

What in you is enabling that behavior? Is it hunger - change your habits so you don't get hungry enough to make such a decision. Is it temptation - change so you're not in front of DQ when the urge strikes. Is it emotional - admit it and work on the underlying issue.

And log your calories. Always. Even when you're bad. Just enter them. I find (for me, and it may not be true for you) that looking back at a "bad" day is a good bit of encouragement not to have another one.

And knock off the 1000 calorie dessert drinks, will ya? ;)
  • Melvillin
    Options
    Aw....i'm so sorry... When I feel i'm back sliding I try to visualize the outcome that I want to achieve and really concentrate on it. I think about buying new clothes and not having to stress about it.. Sounds kind of corny but that usually will help me get back on track.
  • chris31
    chris31 Posts: 19
    Options
    I wish there was a magic pill for success but unfortunately the only person who will give you the success you need or the motivation for success is you. I know it is hard but thin feels a lot better than fat taste!! Good luck and chew gum.:flowerforyou:
  • Melvillin
    Options
    Oooh yes! Chewing gum is really good!
  • Onederland
    Options
    ((HUGS))
    You haven't failed....Just remember this when your feeling down about your weight loss journey

There are two days that we should not worry about....

One of these days is Yesterday with all its mistakes and cares,
    its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.

Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
    All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday.

We cannot undo a single act we performed;
    we cannot erase a single word we said.
    Yesterday is gone forever.

The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow
    with all its possible adversities, its burdens,
    its large promise and its poor performance;
    Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise,
    either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise.
    Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow,
    for it is yet to be born.

This leaves only one day, Today.
    Any person can fight the battle of just one day.
    It is when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities - Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad,
    it is the remorse or bitterness of something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring

Let us, therefore, Live but one day at a time.

(Author Unknown)

((HUGS))
    Now the way I see it, you have two choices. You can dwell on that Dairy Queen blizzard...OR, you can pick yourself back up and try again. :flowerforyou:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    What motivates you more? Hugs and incouragement or a swift kick in the behind? You have plenty of the first option above. If you want some of the second option read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90216-tony-horton-s-rant

You can do this. You have to want to do this for it to stick. You are going to make mistakes. You are human. Don't dwell on it. Move past them and get back on track.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just start over with your next meal. None of us are perfect! Figure out why you are doing what you are doing to yourself and move on. Just keep moving forward. Christine
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You're ok I promise ;) The first step is saying hey I went off the blueprint a little. Never too lost :) chin up.
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    I agree with what someone said above....log every single last calorie....if nothing else, it makes you own up to your day and your choices, because there they are - in black and white. I know that there was a day on a weekend a couple weeks ago where I just said screw it............but logged everything anyway (including 3 cheesesticks and 2 pieces of supreme pizza for lunch, and then 3 breadsticks, a salad, and a 1500 calorie dinner @ Olive Garden that night). I haven't had another day that bad since!!

Hang in there, and lean on us for support. We're here for you!
  • debbieruth
    Options
    This may sound odd, but I work out in front of a mirror. (I'm sure most gyms are set up that way, but at home I have a mirror in front of my treadmill.) And with that, I keep myself motivated to not look the way I currently do! It drives me the extra mile, and keeps me from straying! I've done it before, and stopped doing that when I got really sick, but I've started back up again, and it definitely helps!

I just keep telling myself "You'll look and feel better, just keep going, going, going!"

Try it. It motivates me! I guess it just works for me because I get disgusted with myself, and can't bear to keep going at the rate I was going.

I know its odd, like I said, but it's worth a shot.

(And as far as straying from your diet, that's okay, happens to everyone. We're all allowed a cheat day! Mines usually every other friday...pay day, that is! That I treat myself to one snack that I've been missing for two weeks. [= )
  • enchantedviolet8
    Options
    Don't feel so bad! I just downed almost all of a large chocolate DQ milk shake the other day. I nearly fell off of my chair when I seen how many calories were in it! :noway: YEAH. I'm not trying to lose nearly as much as some people on here but it's the same all the way around...Temptation is horrible! So if you have the milk shake, or in your case the blizzard (YUMMY), once in awhile SO BE IT. Enjoy every last bit of it -and tough crap- Don't feel so bad about it as long as you don't plan on doing it every day you'll be fine!:smile:
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    Your first mistake is to stop tracking in your food diary. Just because you don't like what you have to put into it doesn't mean you shouldn't log it! We all slip from time to time and I'm definitely no exception. Just put it all in your food log and forget about it ~ remember, tomorrow is a new day! :flowerforyou:
  • nardingerm
    Options
    Don't feel so bad, I just had some homemade white chocolate strawberry cheesecake that my sister of course decided to give me. Just don't give up there is always tomorrow, and as long as you have more good days than bad you will get the outcome you want. Keep it up!
  • smtirado
    smtirado Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    don't worry to much. Just pick up yourself and start all over. We all have own fault and cravings. so don't give up keep going. :love:
  • asiples
    asiples Posts: 6
    Options
    One Blizzard is not going to send you over the edge...one blizzard every day, now that's different! :wink: You might surprise yourself, sometimes I mess up and overeat, and when I weigh again I have actually lost weight! I think it's the stress of worrying about it. No one is perfect, and I think it's great that you're even trying, and the fact that you know eating that Blizzard was maybe not the best idea ever is a good sign of changing the way you view food! Keep your head up, you're still beautiful!!
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    OK - just log what you ate today. Even if it is way over. It will help you see what you really ate & the lack of nutrition you got from it. I am feeling the same way you are right now. But I am committing from right now to do better!

It helps me if I plan what to eat for the day and log it in first thing in the morning or even the night before. Then when I am hungry I can look at my menu & see what I get to eat.

Get on the scale 1st thing tomorrow. Then if you do really good for a few days you will see and change and that can keep you going.

Drink 100 oz of water a day and that will flush out the extra crap and sodium you have been eating.

Change the failing to suceeding from here on out.....you can do it!!!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Stop eating like that right this minute. Log your food for a week. Stay within your calories and exercise. Then, weigh in again.
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    It's only failure if you stop trying. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and don't give up on exercise. Losing weight is all about simple math -- burn more calories than you eat. We all trip up once in a while, but if you give up, your failure becomes more than a possibility, it becomes a certainty. You can do this!!
  • dino_morgan
    dino_morgan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the most horrible ice cream/cake/chocolate chip cookie addiction of all time!!! Often when I find myself craving something, it helps a lot to eat/make a healthier version of it! Hungry-Girl.com really helps!

Like everybody said, don't worry too much about that DQ shake. Try to use that to motivate you to work out after you've eaten something extra delicious!