New Start for 2013

Options
Hi Everyone

I have procrastinated for so many years and more than I would like to admit to. I always promise myself that I will not get through another year the same. However, there does come a period in your life when you realise that you cannot continue, your family are important to you and I want to spend my years (when I eventually retire) happy & healthy. Also for many years after that day comes and I know I am not going to do that if I don't do something about it.

I have about 150lbs to lose - which is a lot. I refuse any longer to be embarrassed by stares and glares, I am 'doing' something about it! I don't like my photo, but it is what it is and won't be like this forever!

I would love to be supportive to others and have that in return. So if anyone wants a new friend please feel free to add me.

Vicky

Replies

• fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard :) MFP is such a wonderful tool with so many great people always here to support and motivate. I added you, you CAN do it.
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Welcome Vicki, I find MFP to be very motivational and the more friends you have the more it seems to help keep me going. Feel free to add me :)
  • LeeWorrall88
    Options
    Hi Vicky, we are already friends.
    Your words sound strong and I don't know you but you sound convincing, that you do actually really want to do it!
    I am not going to wish you luck, as body transformation isn't about luck so Instead I will wish you a happy journey :)
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Vicky,

You are in the right mindset! Keep you focus and you will be successful! There will be dips in the road, but you will weather them will! Might I suggest you right out your goals and post them some place you see often, maybe even add a photos of you know! This seems to help me keep my focus on where I want to be going! Blessings!! <><
  • SpanksNotSpanx
    SpanksNotSpanx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right. It kind of falls in line with the saying "the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago and the second best time is right now" :)!
    Wishing you success through this entire change of lifestyle!
    Feel free to add me if you would like extra support!
    -Courtney
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You're already stuck with me Vicky, we can do this together!!!!!!!
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't have it any other way Lesley :laugh:
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    excellent reasons Vicky, you will succeed!! because you are doing it for YOU..
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We're already friends as well, but you definitely have the right attitude and humor about the situation to make it happen!
    I appreciate your support as well and look forward to continuing the journey with great friends like you :)
  • Pattis11
    Pattis11 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am also making a commitment to myself to get healthy. I tried MFP a while ago but did not stick with it. I'm not sure how to add friends but I could use all the motivation I could get. I wish everyone a healthy New Year!