Low Calories recipe Using smoked Sausage

Options
I have one ring of smoked sausage and since I got myself and my husband addicted to this website. i need a low calorie recipe using smoked sausage. i have just about everything in the pantry, cabinets and fridge. So any recipes I appreciate. LOW CALORIE PLEASE

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    This is my fav recipe - it's a crockpot recipe so it takes 8 hrs on low, but the wait is SOOOOO worth it and it does taste great reheated!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83732-crockpot-cheesy-scalloped-potatoes-ham?hl=crockpot+ham#posts-1152305
    Crockpot cheesy scallped potatoes & "ham"

6-8 medium idaho potatoes, sliced thin
    1 1/2 lbs. turkey ham (or regular if you like), cubed - I used smoked sausage
    Can cheddar cheese soup
    1 c. lowfat shredded cheese (I used cheddar jack)
    Medium onion, chopped

After cutting everything up, place half the onion & potatoes (& sausage) in the crockpot. Sprinkle w/pepper & garlic powder, then cover w/half the shredded cheese. Layer the rest of the potatoes & onion (& sausage) & season w/some more pepper & garlic powder. Pour entire can of cheese soup on top & spread out, then cover w/the rest of the shredded cheese. Cook on low for 8 hours & enjoy.

PS: This recipe tastes even better the next day warmed up.

Makes 8 servings: Appx. 360 calories per serving (using the smoked sausage brought it down to 313 calories per servings; yields 6 2-cup servings).
  • mebras3775
    Options
    that sounds good and i will try that one another time because since i waited so late, i need something for dinner tonight.
  • kevcar0603
    kevcar0603 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jambalaya!! Brown rice, diced tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic and the sausage with some hot sauce. Delicious!!!
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    This sounds delicious!! I will definitely have to try this! Thanks for the recipe!