eating what you want as long as its under your calories?

Options

Replies

• denisemuill
    denisemuill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Seems to be a bit of focus on Ice Cream. What about Frozen Yogurt or any of the Skinny Cow Products? I love the Skinny Cow Chocolate Sandwichs or Choc. Frozen Yogurt with Frozen Raspberries. Sure helps me not feel like I am missing out on yummy stuff.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    That's what I like to do, I try to eat healthy meals and then have a snack or a dessert (a small piece of chocolate, or some little cookies, or low fat ice cream, nothing too extragavant) and that way I don't get the super cravings for it and I just started on here and so far it's worked, and it's worked in the past too.
    Just also pay attention to your sugar and fat intake because you can be under calorie and over on those things and if you're consistently over on those you might run into problems.
    I like to put in everything I know i'm going to eat at the start of the day so then I can check like I know my mom is making this for dinner so I have to eat it, this is what we have in the house for lunch, this is what i'll have for breakfast, okay how much stuff do I have left so I choose my snack wisely
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I also try to get 25% of my calories from protein, but otherwise, yeah.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    no, thats doesnt work for me at all. To loose weight I have to eat high protein, high vegies and low sugar and fats. there is no way around it for me. no grains. once I start eating any grains or sugar my weight loss stops. regardless of caloric intake :(
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering does anyone here just eating whatever they want as long as it's under their calorie limit for the day? If so, have you seen good results? I don't mean eating like cheeseburgers and fries everyday, I mean eating healthy stuff for meals and then having some ice cream for snack everyday as long as its under your daily calorie goal?

yes
    If your over your protein,fat, or sugar by less than 20 is that ok? Will you still lose weigt?

yes
  • dryder7
    Options
    I'm starting to eat more vegetables because they're generally lower in calories. I've noticed right away that eating things like bisquits is a high calorie no no, and I love them so.:sad: By reviewing my meals, I can see what boosts the calorie count. I'm also trying to walk more to get a calorie credit. Use the data you input to make changes. Don't cheat, you'll only be cheating yourself. YOU control MFP, make it work for you. I hope I'm making progress. I've got to buy a bathroom scale. :happy: Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • dryder7
    Options
    I read somewhere that having an orgasm burns 300 calories. Ladies - start your engines! :laugh:
  • dryder7
    Options
    I'll be glad when I finally get a bathroom scale, which will b in a few days. :embarassed:
  • dryder7
    Options
    A friend of mine drinks alot of beer, and he's slim! Guys, you have all the fun! :ohwell:
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, that includes burgers and fries. I love making food, I love eating food, I love food. I don't deny myself something I want just because it isn't considered by many to be a healthy food.

Day to day, I try to keep my fat at about 50% and protein and carbs wherever from there. I don't specifically track calories anymore as I use my FitBit calorie meter thing to gauge whether or not I've had not enough, too many, or just right. It uses my activity throughout the day to figure out my individualized caloric needs and calculates my deficit for me.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually very hungry in the mornings so I eat a really light breakfast and I try to eat low calorie at lunch since there isn't a lot of time to sit and enjoy a meal anyway. I eat whatever foods I want at supper. I make the same evenig meals I always have and we eat out way more than we should, but I am still losing weight. I've lost about 35 lbs. so far ( including the 6 I lost before starting MFP). You have to do what works for you. If I had to give up all the foods I really love, I would never be able to stick with this.
  • haskelljenn
    haskelljenn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say that yes as long as you are under your caloric goal that you should lose even if you did eat what you wanted. If you are using this site you are trying to lose weight, so it should be making about making better decisions rather than gratification of eating what you want because I really dont think that you are learning really much of anything. No as we all know deprivation diets suck and we fall off the band wagon fast, I am doing well with PLANNED "reward" meals. I knew that Christmas was comming so I planned my week accordingly. I dropped meat dairy oils and diet soda and upped my veggies.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering does anyone here just eating whatever they want as long as it's under their calorie limit for the day? If so, have you seen good results? I don't mean eating like cheeseburgers and fries everyday, I mean eating healthy stuff for meals and then having some ice cream for snack everyday as long as its under your daily calorie goal?

If your over your protein,fat, or sugar by less than 20 is that ok? Will you still lose weigt?

This is what I do...although I have upped my protein to 30%, and I don't track my sugar- just carbs. I try to hit my protein goals, get 30 grams of fiber and keep my cholesterol below 200, but other than that if I am within my calories goals I eat anything I want.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yep

i try to hit my protein macro, and let the rest fall into place.
    ^^^ All I worry about is protein as well.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am still losing with the holiday "bad" foods, but I am sure it slowing me down a bit. Any progress is good progress :)
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, I honestly log everything. I eat from brownie's, chips, candy cane's and etc.

Mainly as long as I watch the portion's I am good and stay inside of my calorie goal.

Good luck
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    How did this turn into a "milk is evil" thread?

because someone mentioned that milk was bad for you and people piped in without doing research first. just because milk has been considered good for you in the past doesnt mean that it is. time goes on, studies become more advanced, and we find out differently.

The dairy industry (subsided by the government) is why everyone thinks cow milk is so healthy. "Got Milk?" Sound familiar? "Milk does a body good... " Just because you are told it's healthy, even by the government, doesn't mean it is. I suppose if you lived on a farm and didn't pump your cows full of antibiotics and hormones and fed them only grass, not GMO soy, corn and God only knows what else and then process it to death, then it might be a good source of protein, but the crap you buy in the store, even organic, doesn't remotely resemble milk our great great grandparents drank. Hey, if you choose to drink the stuff, more power to you.

Carry on...
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Love this one :)
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I please if I have enough calories for it. I think I'm doing alright.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    thats what i do. it helps to know that u can still have good stuff in moderation. telling urself u cant have any at all just makes u mad then u eat more of something else.