What do Polish, Welsh people look like?

Options

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/2 Slovak with a smidge of German, but I don't think you could tell by looking at my features :happy:
    <
    1/2 Polish, 1/4 German and 1/4 Czech here.

I totally see all that in your face!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Awfully sorry you had to endure that at all.

Edited to add: Apologise for having forgotten to add - part Scots/Welsh/Irish/English [UK subsets of my admixtures], part German/Russian/French/Portuguese [Euro admixtures] with Irish-Polish relatives.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    1/4 Polish, 1/4 Italian--Mom's side
    1/4 Spanish, 1/4 French--Dad's side
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't know about having an Irish shaped face but I have classic Irish coloring my family are from Galway.

I have dark brown nearly black hair , bright white skin and dark grey eyes ..I don't think I have every seen anyone in my family with a tan :laugh:

I'm Canadian with strong Irish/Welsh roots and this describes me to a tee as well (except my eyes are grey/green). I've been told many times that I look very "Celtic".
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I get people asking me "what" I am quite often. I can't decide if its rude or not
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    me!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Me :) - you can't see too well from the picture, but i have red hair & freckles... the Eastern European genes seem to be pretty strong (especially the slovak high cheekbones).

I just popped in to say best avatar pic ever!

To stay on topic, my ancestry is a mish mash, good luck anyone guessing the ingredients! And I like it that way. Except the pale skin and freckles. Because for me the sun is a serious health hazard and my pasty white legs are a glare hazard for everyone else!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    What country someone comes from has absolutely no effect and is no indication of what they look like.

I totally agree. It's verging on racism, IMO.

Are you blind?
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    im half Polish and half Czech.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I am Welsh and Scottish. Everyone in my family tells me I look the most like my great-grandmother, she came to Canada from Wales.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    What country someone comes from has absolutely no effect and is no indication of what they look like.

If one can accept the existence of genetic diversity across regions, and recognize that familial characteristics are shared; then one must accept that Asians, Africans, Indians, Teutons, American Indians, Mexicans & (too many more to cite) all have features that may indicate one's bloodline.

Political correctness is nothing more than another means of oppression. Allow us to enjoy our differences without the ignorant racist accusation BS.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options

If one can accept the existence of genetic diversity across regions, and recognize that familial characteristics are shared; then one must accept that Asians, Africans, Indians, Teutons, American Indians, Mexicans & (too many more to cite) all have features that may indicate one's bloodline.

Political correctness is nothing more than another means of oppression. Allow us to enjoy our differences without the ignorant racist accusation BS.

i can know if soe one is jordanian or egyption lets say arabs just by how they look like and the same for turkish and iranians, and the same for italians and germans, along with afgani and armanians, how do i know the difference, because i delt with them alot and i just can know by looking into their face

while i can not find the difference in asian, my asian friend tells me by a look if that guy/girl, is from kyrgizistan , kazakistan , china , korea etc etc etc and he actually told me it is all about the eye shape
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    What an interesting topic. Who'd ever thought folks could be picked out like that. We can pick out Irish and sometimes German.

At one time during my college years I could tell the difference between the Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese. Were they upset?! Not at all. In fact they were delighted.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

I so much agree! It's a form of oppression. Let's celebrate the differences.
  • maqsmj
    Options
    the same goes for africans, my friends tought me the differnce in accent to know each guy seak which native langauge in nigiria, if they use an F alot they speak ibobo, somthing else they speak hawsa etc
  • maqsmj
    Options
    Funny, I went into a family diner and this little old lady told me I had very Polish lips and nose and a very Welsh and Irish shape of my face... I'm not sure I've ever been able to pick out these features on anyone else or what makes them stand out of a crowd... but the lady was right, I am.

Please help me with a description/pictures!

Just to let you know u look 100% welish
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    my gramps is all welsh. hes a little man with red hair, curly mostache, bulbus nose and a big tummy. :) he speaks english but with lots of great old fashioned words.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    What do Polish and Welsh people look like?

Like you, evidently. You said that's what you are.

ETA: I can't believe this is actually a question...
  • Harriann84
    Options

This. I am have a Welsh father, English mother, as far as I know I am 1/2 and 1/2. As far as I am concerned, I just look fat. Not Welsh, not English.
    It doesn't matter what we look like, whether we have a "welsh face" or "polish nose", to me that's as racist as saying some has a "jewish" nose. Be thankful for what you have, enjoy it.
  • lublin1987
    Options
    I don't know what I look like I am... I get lots of freckles in the summer and really pale in the winter... my hair went from black at birth to white blonde and progressively got darker after elementary school and now is dark ashy brown (naturally) I have brown eyes and kind of a narrow face and a big forehead and a fat bottom lip... name those genes ;P I just don't think I've ever met someone that could be classified as a typical Polish person, etc.

I'm 100% Polish same freckles in the summer, pale in winter, black hair at birth then withe blond now ashy blond. Funny.....typical polish person...when I see it I know exactly that they are polish. All polish people can recognize that. It is very easy for as....I guess you have to polish to understand that .