Women with c-sections and a lot of weight too lose

Options

Replies

• SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow. I'm 49 with 3 csections and that's the part I'm the most unhappy with. Let alone, I have a scar hipbone to hipbone, so my core is shot, also!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wondering the same thing. I've had 3 C-sections including one with a set of twins. My core is demolished.

^^^This, only with an 11 pound baby, a 9 pound baby and a 7 pounder. Hipbone to hipbone!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am also interested. I am in the same boat. My last csection was may 11
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have realistically another 45lbs to lose, and 25lbs down. I have had 3 c-sections in the last 7.5 years and am 36. Always been overweight too, but i don't hold the weight in my belly so much my butt and thighs. I have seen an improvement, but till i get alot closer I won't really know how its gonna look. I don't think i'll get a completely flat belly, but if its covered by undies or pants and looks good, i am totally fine with that. Of course after 3 pregnancies i have stretch marks all over my lower stomach that did not use to be there, so we'll see how well that bounces back.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok I had two C sections and i still have a little pouch but you can look fairly normal if you put in the effort. I am now 60 and I had my first c section at 31 and second one at 33. I worked my butt off to get back down to 125 after my first child. It took 8 months. And now almost 30 years later i am back to 130. During all the years in between i varied but not higher than 147. Wish you the best ladies and never give up. Keep on plugging.:happy:
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great, glad you feel that way. I work in a profession that sometimes brings me across parents who don't seem to appreciate their blessings. I agree with you 100%...that said, it's too bad we can't have both--the bod AND the beautiful children! :)

exactly!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    In my experience, you may have a little pooch, but the majority will go away.

I started in february with 80-90lbs to lose. I have lost 33lbs so far. My belly has shrunk. Not to be graphic, but back then my pooch was so big that to touch my c-section scar, I would have to literally lay on my back and grab a handful and move a section of it. Now I can find my hip bones, and my whole pooch is a generous handful. Not sure I can get a totally flat belly, but I think I can get close.

This does give me hope! Thanks for sharing.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ive had 2 c-sections ive lost 178pounds and so far mine looks terrible but ive got 37-42pounds roughly to lose still! so will see closer too!! just bare in mind EVERYONE is totally different :) healthy is the main thing i know some who barely have anything other than a loose bit of skin that pretty much tucks into knickers! but i know slim people with far worse too its individual xx
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your honesty....I have had three c-sections myself and wondered the same thing! I can't imagine a two piece on myself but that would be my dream! :)
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've seen some really inspirational pictures here on MFP of moms with flat bellies, but I don't have such high expectations. Even at my thinnest my belly was never flat (always had a little pooch under my belly button), and now after having twins the "shelf/apron/whatever you want to call it" over my c-section scar is unlikely to disappear without surgery.

My goal is to get to my goal weight, maintain it for a while until I have confidence in my new lifestyle being permanent, and then probably get some nips and tucks to deal with the twin skin.
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section in 2010. I have about 60 pounds to go. I have the hideous overhang and I'm pretty sure that I will have to have surgery to remove all the skin. I am interested to see if anyone has had success without surgery.
  • chile_chicken
    chile_chicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am within 4lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth to my second son in July. I had a flat stomach again after my first c-section within two years. This time around though, I have a horrible pooch and flab, and I notice when I am doing push ups that a big area of my stomach skin sags. I did have 12 weeks of bed rest after my second son was delivered, and then hip surgery, so i think I am doing OK! I have lost 29lbs so far so I am sure that the two year time frame will be about right for me to get back to a flat stomach. I have had to take it easy with my surgeries so just started 30 Day Shred four days ago, I will opost before and afters when I am done. I guess I just have to be patient and work hard- I have to remember it took me two years to be happy with my body the first time around and so I can't expect a change instantly after the second c-section.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Focus on being healthy.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I had two c-sections, one with twins. I'm not sure how to post pics, but in my profile pictures there's a shot of my stomach. I had to lose 85 lbs with the first pregnancy and 65 with the second. I have a small pooch on my lower stomach that I can't get rid of, but otherwise my tummy is flat and I have visible abs. I wear a bikini all summer and look pretty ok in it if I do say so myself. :smile:

So have hope! You can do this, and end up with nothing but a little extra skin.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    For those who might be interested...

this was 2009, and I was 188-199lbs. At my highest weight I was this shape, but bigger ( about 30lbs more)

8193374926_e25182cc2b_q.jpg
    0120100909 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is just last month at 196lbs. Exact same shirt. See how my belly shape has changed?

8211731868_5394684d1d_q.jpg
    IMG00856-20121123-0837 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I just took some sideways pictures a few weeks ago, and I hope in a few months to have some new ones to show the difference in my pooch
  • lcornett007
    lcornett007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this topic!! So encouraging to know there are others out there that have had c-sections and have the same insecurities that I do. My son is almost 1 year old. I still have about 20 lbs of baby weight on, but would like to drop 30 lbs by summer. I have never had a six pack or a super toned core, but would like to see improvement. I have been very curious about anyone who has had a tummy tuck or known anyone that has had a tummy tuck after a c-section. My husband and I plan to have 1-2 more children if we are blessed with them, but just curious about this option. Any thoughts?
  • razorbecky
    Options
    Bump
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have had one c - section and that was 8 years ago January 12th ... Never did anything to get back in shape after the surgery but now I'm struggling. I carry all my extra weight in my tummy and look very much like a 'skinny' pregnant person. I do notice that my tummy is slowly going down. I can only do so much since I have 90+ pounds on my tummy and it does hurt to run or jump.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So I hope this photo works. Sadly it is blurry because in my copy you can see my scars from my c-section. I imagine if this one was blown up you might see it. This was taken after 2 c-sections and after I had lost 50 pounds from being pregnant with my second. Don't mind the hips...those will never go away, God gave me curves no matter how small my waist is.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff455/TheSinfulVixen/MFP/WP_20121229_006.jpg
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    FYI I have no idea how to actually post the image in here...I am lame.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!