For those who OVERATE xmas eve/day - by how much?

Options

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    200 calories over TDEE the day we had our christmas celebration.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont even know! I didn't do to horribly on xmas eve ( I don't think anyways....) ...but Christmas day, I had 2 meals to go to. I basically skipped breakfast, and maybe went over by 600 calories.
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Must have eaten over 5000 calories...and I didn't feel bad one bit :) Back on track now though
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I didn't go over at all, as I quickly found that my stomach can't handle a lot of the heavier foods anymore, and definitely not larger portions.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    I went over maintenance by around 1,000 cals a day, so worth it though!
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I didn't log, because it was impossible with all the grazing. I am guessing 800-1000 over each day (Christmas Eve and Day)

I have had a couple days since 200 over. I did a quick weight check and I did not gain, yeah!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Stopped counting. Let myself go last few months. What a mess I am.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I went over by 1500 calories on Christmas day and enjoyed every bite of it.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I didn't really overeat calories, but I did overeat junk. When most of your calories come from cookies and eggnog it's never a good thing!

LIES!!! Those are GOOD carbs!

If by good you mean delicious.... I couldn't agree more!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    my family does not do xmas.......... no big dinners/lunches for me. so i was under:)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I went a bit over maintenance for most of the week, and enjoyed every last cookie morsel of it. Yummmmm
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Between the side dishes (butter and more butter, in everything) and eating deserts, yes that's plural, I'm guessing I was about 4000 over. Crap, that's over a pound of body weight. But the good news is I'm right back on track.

I also noticed that deserts are not tasting as good as I thought there were. It just tastes overly processed and way to sweet. This is coming from a guy who used to eat some sort of sweet after every single meal.
  • valerieknox
    valerieknox Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Didn't log it, but maybe about 3500 extra kcal over the stretch of 3-4 days? Totally worth it!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Worked Christmas day so nothing then. Christmas Eve and Boxing day however...maybe 1500 cals over on each! Still down 1lb at weigh in today though. :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I ate about 9,000 calories over that weekend, but I don't consider it "overeating." It was just eating. It was a lot, but there was nothing wrong with it.

Yup. No stress here. I ate what I ate. I estimate that I went over probably about 3000 calories. I was a little under the next couple days and was down over 1 lb when I weighed. One day / week isn't worth stressing my life over. I would much rather enjoy the time with my family and sort it out after :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I took 3 days off and stuffed my face. Did not keep a log, but I reckon I ate 15,000 - 20,000 calories over that period.

I have had no problem climbing back on the wagon with calorie counting and exercising, although I am still eating some of the food I have left over, so diary is not too clean.

I will do this next year, but will ensure that I buy less food.
  • kimchaneygriffin
    Options
    I'm a sucker for cookies......
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of over reminiscing about what I ate during the holidays.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I really think Christmas and Christmas Eve are over rated too.

:laugh: That's how I read it too
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Didn't count, didn't care....