New Food Group....COSTCO!

Options

Replies

• Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am the biggest Costco addict. I love Costco, especially the samples. I always count them. I estimate the calories. They always have the crab or lobster or some other salad with a lot of mayo and I have to "sample" a couple every time I go. I never ate at the food court but I was reading (in the costco magazine that "executive members" get) how they haven't raised the prices in 20 years! I was there yesterday and they had tortilla chips with chicken and cheese, corn chips with salsa and those fish salads with crackers, I ate them all and had a light dinner - salmon and a salad. So yes, it can mess up your diet if you eat the samples in addition to your regualr meals - or you could include it as part of your diet. I don't have any desire to sample the cookies or ice cream though,

After reading previous posts, I have to try the pizza.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Not that anyone's asking but the healthy foods at costco are the kirkland slices turkey, frozen fish (not breaded) frozen veggies, berries and of course the great produce. Try to avoid the convenience foods - Marie calliendo chicken pot pies are loaded with fat and salt. I was eating on for lunch every day before MFP.
  • kimmieyr1
    Options
    The samples certainly can add up to a meal some days! I can leave full! I log it. Several people already have it listed in the database. Just do a search on Costco and it will come up and you can adjust to fit how much calories you think it was. Up to 100 calories per station is possible!
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I cannot go to Costco without getting their pizza! It is some of the best pizza anywhere!! I love that stuff! I was eating Costco pizza like 3 or 4 times a week when I still lived in WA… I tell ya, if I went to Costco today, I would have some no questions asked!!!

Completely agree! I think it's sacrilege to go there and not have a slice of their amazing pizza!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I cannot go to Costco without getting their pizza! It is some of the best pizza anywhere!! I love that stuff! I was eating Costco pizza like 3 or 4 times a week when I still lived in WA… I tell ya, if I went to Costco today, I would have some no questions asked!!!

Completely agree! I think it's sacrilege to go there and not have a slice of their amazing pizza!
    I love you <3@--,-'
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Always count the calories!
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    COSTCO can kill a diet if you let it! :-)

On a positive note, Costco can be a great help for an improved diet. Always buy their frozen fish (Tilapia, Salmon, trout), I have even got my wife and kids loving broiled fish night!

It is always a battle when I am done checking out and see the snack bar ... FROZEN YOGURT is soooooo hard to refuse. But at about 300-400 calories, I make it a treat once in a while.

I LOVE their fish too!!!!!!!!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I love Costco but I always seem to go on the tasting 'off' hours, and then what is the point of even going there at all?
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Oh don't even count them, i had a hot dog there and fries, it killeeeeeeeeeeeeed my day and sodium intake!

hahah good thing your Costco day is a cheat day !
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I can easily eat a decent number of calories at the local supermarket if I get there at the right time - taking two samples per tray (yes, I'm naughty) they some times have - 2 trays at delicatessen (cheese and meat), 2x hot food (one pastries, the other chicken, sausages etc), 2 x fresh bakery, 1x bread. Go back for seconds of anything good. Can easily get over 200 calories I reckon - so we're talking at least one of my lower calorie 400g ready meals!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    i just starve myself till i get there. Then i make it my goal to go back and forth getting samples untill one of the old sample lady's punches me. Got to have goals man. lol : )
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to the right Costco stores!! Mine never has dessert or pizza samples. They usually have crackers, nuts, fish, cheese, and rarely deli meats for samples.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    run 15 mins per sample... that'll take care of it..
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I scan or guess.

Does Costco serve breakfast ? ..if so, what exactly do they have ?

I plan on making a trip in the morning ...
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I log in some calories after my Costco visit! Today I put 300! I had just a few but after looking at the package labels a few add up very fast!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to the right Costco stores!! Mine never has dessert or pizza samples. They usually have crackers, nuts, fish, cheese, and rarely deli meats for samples.
    I don't think they sample the pizza, it is in their food court!!!!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    i just starve myself till i get there. Then i make it my goal to go back and forth getting samples untill one of the old sample lady's punches me. Got to have goals man. lol : )
    Well, you're a ninja turtle, so you only kinda count. You do flips through windows and stuff.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Well, you're a ninja turtle, so you only kinda count. You do flips through windows and stuff.

Yeah, i estimate my calorie burn to be about 250 per winow, depending on the height of course.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I sample EVERYTHING! But only one sample though.:bigsmile: I just add 200-300 calories total depending on what I had.
  • i log everything, even on cheat days I LOG. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY.

BTW my friend logged in all her samples from costco and she ended up eating 1500 calories in SAMPLES. after she told me that. I SAY NO AND WALK AWAY FROM ALL SAMPLES.