restrating p90x need help

Options
hi i am restarting my p90x with high hopes for myself, yet it has recently come to my attention that my caloric goal according to p90 program is waaaaaayyy higher than my mfp caloric goal by a lot, i was wondering which one i should be listening to. Right now i am really confused on how many calories i should be eating tomorrow!

Replies

• brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on wanting to recommit and start back up on P90X! I've been working out to the program for over a year now and have had phenomenal results because of it! What's the equation you're using from the program to calculate your caloric intake?? AND do you have a heart-rate monitor??
  • kdbell
    kdbell Posts: 37
    Options
    i believe it was my body weight
    160x10=1600
    rmrx20%=320
    600c/day=600cal
    added all together gave me 2520 calories
  • Christine_Ann
    Options

Hey Dani41,

I checked out that youtube video and it was quite insightful. Thanks for suggesting it!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You only have 11 pounds to lose so try calculating your calories using your goal weight rather than your current weight and see what you come up with.

P90X and MFP goals are going to conflict because our methods involve heavy strength training. P90X will train your muscles to absorb fat and burn more calories at rest than MFP will suggest (even on rest days). So I try to recommend P90X-ers to set the activity level to high and not add exercise calories while on P90X. That should allow you to enter whatever goal P90X gave you without MFP telling you that you're eating too much for weight loss.
  • kdbell
    kdbell Posts: 37
    Options
    i let someone borrow my nutrition plan book does anyone have it that i may be able to copy the pages or even get it. its impossible to frind online without buying all overagain
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I completed round 1 of P90X and my husband is doing another round..What I can tell you is the formula in the P90X nutritional guide had me eating way too many calories..And on here had me eating too little so a trainer told me to eat around 1500 calories days I did not train and about 1800 on days I did...This worked...but I didn't start doing it until the end of the 90 days before I started losing weight..My husband ate normal and added a creatine drink and a protein shake like he recommended per day and he got ripped!! And lost 20pds and went from a 38 to a 36 pant in the 90days. So I would say back off of that amount some maybe 2000 per day would be better..it's a hard workout but I find it hard to believe that you burn that extreme amt of calories..I wear a hrm now and I did chest/shoulders/triceps P90x and burned 245 calories....? now the plyometrics/etc..you are gonna burn alot and the chest/back days..Good luck..I wear a Polar FT7 and I love it..$99 on Amazon..will calculate calories burned in fat burning and the calories burned in fitness (cardio) it's awesome..I highly recommend it!