Which Jillian DVD?

So I have three Jillian Michaels DVDs: Killer Buns and Thighs, 30 Day Shred, and Ripped in 30. Has anyone done any of these? What were your results? Weight loss? Inches? Suggestions?

I've heard great things about the 30 Day Shred, but not too much about the other two...

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Any advice?
  • onfiresis
    onfiresis Posts: 22 Member
    I've only tried 30 Day Shred. It was tough and I've yet to complete it (but I will!!!), but I really liked the challenge it gave me!
  • Did it give you good results?
  • cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    I just started 30 day shred. on day 5 of Level 1. I have already lost 2 inches off my waist so I am very excited :)
  • That's incredible!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    I did the 30ds and the ripped in 30. I loved ripped in 30 I lost a whole bunch of inches. Right now I'm doing her six week six pack and I have also done her kickboxing DVD lets just say she helped me get this body.
    <<~~~~~~
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    The one where she gets in the squat rack and starts squatting 275lbs for reps is pretty good. Even better is the one where she is deadlifting 300 for reps is even better. I think that's the same one where she bangs out 15 chin ups in a row and benches 185x8.

Wait, she didn't actually release those dvds? That's weird, because that's the type of stuff she did to get into the shape she's in.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    30 Day Shred was my first Jillian DVD, and I loved it! From there I did Ripped in 30 (my favourite workout is her level 4), and now own Extreme Shed and Shred, Yoga Meltdown, Shred it with Weights, her kickboxing, and Blast Fat Boost Metabolism. ESS and YM I adore, and I'm working through these others thanks to a generous Santa this year.

30DS is a great place to start, and RI30 follows a very similar 3-2-1 circuit training layout. (Warm up, 3 minutes of strength, 2 of cardio, 1 of abs x3, cool down.) If you like those, then perhaps try others!
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    I'm finishing 30DS.
    The results are really great. I didn't lose that much weight (my daily calorie deficit is about 300 on average) but I look so much better!
    I went to store today and size 10 pants were too big! lol And I'm still 158 pounds at 5'3".
    I suggest 30DS - I actually did level 1 for 25 days (not every day either) and then 15 days for level 2 and 3 (I'm on day 6 of level 3).
    Some people go for 10 days on each level but I did not exercise for months before starting this workout so I took it slow.
  • Limbo2012
    Limbo2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Hi! Have done several JM DVDs and will be starting Body Revolution in a week. I highly recommend you start off with 30-Day Shred as this will better help you lose lbs and then continue with Ripped in 30 to strengthen core and build muscle. My two other favorites are Blast Fat Boost Metabolism and if you want a good overall exercise 'massage', try her No More Trouble Zone. Being a full time working mom of 2 with little time to go to a gym, JM truly delivers! Feel free to add me if you wish. Good luck! :)
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! Looks like 30 Day Shred will be the one I start with!