ZOMBIES RUN!

Options
Has Anyone ever tried this app? Do you like it> I got the idea from a friend on this website. I like it so far just did 1 mission. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• stewie_cl
    stewie_cl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love this app. I was a kickstarter so I got in on the ground floor. I've ran all the missions on the original Zombies Run and now am working my way through the 5k app. It motivates me to go out running even on days where I otherwise would not have been in the mood.
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Just did my first mission today as well. I enjoyed it. Going to use it on my walk tonight.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about this too! It sounds like it could motivate me to start running.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I read a ton of bad reviews saying that it's not worth the money, so I never tried it. :ohwell:

ETA: But I have wanted to try it.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    Use it once a week. I've been running on an indoor track now for the winter during the week and it helps with the boredom of running in circles. I usually get in 3-4 fartleks in 45 minutes which works well as the secondary speed work run for the week. Reminds me I need to distribute my supplies from the last run.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I loved it. I finished all the missions. Follow it on FB or Twitter... it goes on sale for half price every so often. I don't know if I'd have paid full price for it, but it was so worth $3.99!
  • kindleworm99
    Options
    How long does this game lasts? How long does it take to complete all the missions?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    How long does this game lasts? How long does it take to complete all the missions?

^^ I'm also curious about that.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a friend here that uses it...he says it's loads of fun!
  • Ashsmith07
    Ashsmith07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I saw this in my cosmo magazine this month! Sounds like fun, I've been wanting to try it!
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    Question on length: It has two settings "Around half hour" and "Around an hour". You get the same story with either but you get more music from your playlist between cut-ins (i.e. the story). If you go longer than the half or full hour you select, you get a couple of guys doing a radio show (again your music playlist with their cut-ins) and additional zombie chases along with picking up additional supplies until you finish your run. I run 45-60 minutes with it and select the 1/2 hour time and get 4-5 zombie chases but have also ran 2 hours before. You average a zombie chase about every 10-11 minutes you run.
  • kindleworm99
    Options
    I did 2nd mission for 1 hour with my playlist on but I never had a cut in the entire mission! The story began with 2 guys telling me that they are going to put music on and just keep running..My music was playing for 45 minutes straight during my mission with no story>? WHY?
  • danceswithpigs
    Options
    This is a great app, and I use it every time I run.
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if you have songs that have been downloaded this can happen but i used the app with no issues. Were you using a playlist through the app or just the music player on your phone? If its not the app one then i think it struggles to control the music. Also - try a different playlist next time.

I just started using this app and its great fun.
  • emeraldbat
    Options
    I've been using it for several months and it's been a great motivator for me. The story is fun and doing the zombie chases is ESPECIALLY fun when I have movie soundtracks as my playlist, makes me feel like I'm really in a Zombie movie and each step is for my life. LOVE IT, definitely makes me run harder than I think I can and I feel awesome after. I don't use it as often as should, but has already been well worth the price in the half a year I've had it.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have both the regular Zombies, Run appand the 5k app. I love them both and use them both on my treadmill. I am Runner 5! LOL
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    used it for the first time yesterday - loved it! Even ended up having to run through a flood rather than tiptoe round the edge 'cos Zombie Alice was too close for comfort, didn't imagine I'd do that! Hadn't loaded up music so will do that before tomorrow's mission.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just got this yesterday and plan to use it tonight... will it use music off your phone or do you have toload it to the app?? I didn't see where you can load music.
    Thanks!
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had to stop using it after a couple of runs because I was so scared of being caught by a pack of zombies right at the end of a mission and losing all my pick-ups that I ran out into the traffic! Stupid I know, but I was panicking, I think the people around me could see genuine fear on my face. Hahahaha. It was too much for my imagination.
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My only "downside" to this app is that you have to be careful if you turn on zombie chases. If they hit at the wrong time (like when you're trying to cross a big street) you either wind up doing something dangerous or losing items. I've only had it happen a couple of times, and otherwise I love the app. If you trail run or have a rural road or track run, it's even better. No risk. If you are in a high traffic environment, either don't use it or turn off chases.