Hey, nee to lose 10 -14 lbs

Options
Just after a bit of advice really.

I'm looking to drop a few of the Christmas pounds, and a few extra pounds I've picked up.

I'm currently 150lbs at 5ft 6.

Ideally I'd like to be around 137 - 140 lbs. Once, I've got to the goal weight, I wouldn't mind toning up a bit. I usually got the gym 4 - 5 times a week, usually do a lot of cardio and a plan to do some toning exercise at homes with light weights and kettlebells.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, does anyone have any ideas of what I should be limiting my calorie intake to? I was thinking 1500 but not sure if this is too low or high?? Accordingly to my fitness pal at the gym I burn 700 - 800 cals a session, do I favtor these in.

In addition, is there any specific foods that people would suggest to burn fat quicker?

Replies

• pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think you can tell the MFP how many lbs you want to loose each week and it will tell you how many calories you need each day to reach that goal. YOu only want to loose 14 lbs so you might configure the MFP to loose half a pound per week. You can eat additional food if you go to the gym. Like if your daily goal is 1500 and you burn 700, then your daily calories will be adjusted to 2200. I typically do eat some of the calories that I burn, but primarily, I like burning calories at the gym so that I dont feel guilty eating a good dinner with a glass of wine or a beer.
  • danevz22
    Options
    Thanks, I always get confused whether to eat exercise calories or not?!?!?:(
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You can eat back the calories you burn, but if you don't eat back all of them you will possibly lose weight a bit quicker. MFP told me to stick to 1200 calories and I felt dizzy and sick. I ended up hardly moving so I didn't lose much weight. I upped it to 1400 and felt great with heaps of energy and lost more kgs. I'm 5'2" and small frame so that's a decent amount for me. 1500 sounds fair for you, but you're burning a lot at the gym so you could afford to go a bit higher.

Resistance / weights will really help to change your body shape and you can stop focusing on the scales so much. There are lots of you tube vids with exercises you can do at home using your own bodyweight, kettlebells, hand weights etc.
  • danevz22
    Options