42 pounds lost in 3 months

Options
2»

Replies

• AllNewMelanie
    AllNewMelanie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! It has been fun to see my body change and be at a weight before I got married :-) I told myself when I did this that I am not going to diet and I'm going to make it a lifestyle change. I am a super busy mom of 2 with 2 business that I run and a daughter who is a gymnast and has to have no gluten or dairy so that keeps me busy. We do eat out more than we should but I make wise choices when I do this... It's pretty simple wit the MFP app, I always know what I'm eating or dinner daily so I usually log that in when I eat breakfast and then I workout the Reston my day. I don't say I can't eat anything I just portion control everything and I log everything I eat. I also go to the gym 5/6 x a week. Thanks for the compliments I am excited to get to my GW and tone this body up! I am actually looking forward to summer so I can wear shorts again, I can't remember the last time I wore shorts. :-)
  • AllNewMelanie
    Options
    Wow, you have made terrific progress.
    The loss is rapid averaging 3.5 pounds a week.
    I notice that over the last week according to your diary you have eaten substantially less than your mfp goal every day.

Is this a quirk of how the mfp goal was set ? I wonder if I shouldnt sound a note of caution, that what works great for rapid loss in several months, could be less healthy over an extended period. Do you have plans to normalise your calorie intake, perhaps ease into a more relaxed weight loss pace of 2pounds a week ?

I'm just thinking out loud.

Congrats again on your huge progress. You obviously know how to control your intake which is a huge mental advantage.
  • AllNewMelanie
    Options
    MFP has me on a 1200 calorie diet and I actually just changed my calories to 1700 so that's probably why my diary looks a little screwed up. I don't eat my Excercise calories back either. I really try hard to stay around 1500-1600. I just have been in a plateu and planning on upping my weights and doing more free weights at gym so that's why I have upped my calories and protein intake.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    u look great , i hope i do when im your weight :)
  • bluesqueen
    bluesqueen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great work,..and it is a job eh? Hope to post mine in a few months.
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    awesome job ! you look great .
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    MFP has me on a 1200 calorie diet and I actually just changed my calories to 1700 so that's probably why my diary looks a little screwed up. I don't eat my Excercise calories back either. I really try hard to stay around 1500-1600. I just have been in a plateu and planning on upping my weights and doing more free weights at gym so that's why I have upped my calories and protein intake.

That sounds positive that you updated your calorie goals upwards, whilst still planning to lose weight.

Personally I advocate eating back exercise calories, but if what you are doing works for you and you are on the look out for the dangers of metabolic damage that are possible when sustaining large defecits then keep doing what works for you. All the best !
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Awesome work lady!!! You are lookin fab! I also must admit I am jealous of your booty! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!