sabotage at christmas - just me?

Options
13»

Replies

• Pamtime22
    Options
    I put on a couple lbs over Christmas but just get back on track. I try to talk more and chew less. Walk around with just one plate of food so no one has a clue to how much i am eating. Lol. Rave about the food instead of actually eating it. Drink lots of flavored wat like Mio. Seems to work.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Sabotage? I don't know... to be honest, it sounds a little paranoid to think that everyone around me is busy thinking about how much I'm eating, and my weight goals, and intentionally trying to make me fail or gain weight. I'm not saying you're paranoid, but I just don't personally see it as sabotage. People have other priorities than you and in most cultures, food is an important part of social interaction.

This. It'd be arrogant of me to assume that everyone around me is that invested in making sure I stay fat. I'm just not that important in most people's worlds. Someone wanting me to eat more than I'd like is not doing so because they want me to fail - they are doing so because they don't know other ways of connecting with me. It's not malicious. It's frustrating, but not malicious.
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    I think sometimes people start losing weight and then become paranoid that people are trying to "sabatoge" them. I don't buy into it.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I attended a party where a family friend put food on my plate before I even realised what was happening. I was stuffed but as the food was on the plate already I ate it so I wouldn't hurt her feelings. I think this person was just trying to be a good host and may have thought I was just being shy as in previous years I would have eaten a lot more. But I agree it can be very annoying.