Bodybugg help

Options
Ok so I have been using the bodybugg for about a month now and have been wearing it religiously for about the past two months. I have only lost 2 lbs since then. Although I do believe that I look better. My question is should I be calculating my TDEE from the fat 2 fit site or from the calories that I use off my bodybugg. According to the fat 2 fit site I should be eating 2200 calories and off the bodybugg it would be almost 2800 calories. So Im kinda lost as what to do. I havent been all that good about logging my food as it is all kinda new to me. I used to eat mcdondalds two to 3 times a day and drink a ton of soda. I have not had a single fast food meal or a soda in the past two months. I feel like I am eating enough and I do track my food when I can remember. I seem to be right around my goal of 2200 when I do. I also have been going to the gym 6 days a week doing weights on 3 of them and cardio on the other 3. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Starting
oWoNZl.jpg

1 month in
mWwNYl.jpg

Current

lQmlvl.jpg

KJSXOl.jpg

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Follow your Bodybugg because it will be more accurate.

What dud you set your targets to?

If you set them to very active, then it will recommend that you eat more.

If you're not actually burning the amount of calories set, then you need to adjust your goals to the correct settings.

Your stomach has gone down a lot, so you must be doing something right....!
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Link your Bodybugg and Mfp accounts (I think you can that I can with my Bodymedia). It will automatically adjust your calories based on your expected average burn.
    Also I agree that you are doing something right. The scale may not be showing you the results you want but those pictures should make you happy with your progress.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the bodybugg and MFP do not sync. I am only really concerned about my tdee because the two are so far off/ I routinely burn 3400 calores or more per day on the bodybugg and if I take 20% off the top then its around 2800 calories. If I use the fat 2 fit one then I am at 2200 calories and Im not sure why there is so much of a difference. I dont know if I should be eating more or not. hrm. And I am really happy with my current results I just want to make sure I am going in the right direction moving forward
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting isn't a novelty act, you have to be consistent with it, not "oh if i remember" type of attitude. Does your bodybugg say "2800" at the END OF THE DAY? If it's at the end of the day that's your TDEE you have to take away 500-1000 calories from your TDEE. Best is to multiply your TDEE by .80

Yea i agree with you I have to get a lot better with the calorie counting and I just havent been until now. My bodybugg is usually at 3400 -4000. But on the average id say its at 3400. At that number I am getting 2720 calories needed. Maybe I am just no t calculating the fat 2 fit one right ?
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Those calculators are estimates only. Use your Bodybugg.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think you calculated wrong--I'm a 47 yr. old menopausal female, 5'3" and 110 lbs., and I get about 2200 on TDEE on most of the calculators. Go by your bodybugg. If you think it's overestimating, then eat a little under what it's telling you to eat. Your photos show a lot of change, even if it's not showing on the scale. This is all trial and error, but you have to log your food for bodybugg or MFP to work, so that may be your weight loss problem--you can eat too many calories eating healthy, too.