SKINNY or CURVY?

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I also take it that that are not your own abs in your profile pic; because if you are in that good of shape ...you do not need to be here.

It's MyFITNESSPal, not MyWeightLossPal. There are plenty of people who are fit and have goals for themselves that have every right to be here just the same as you.
    ps: the woman on the right will be a "tub of lard" in about 10-years.

Totally unnecessary and untrue.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Neither of those two but not because of their bodies. I've dated skinny girls, curvy girls and outright fat girls and loved them all because they are AMAZING people and damned sexy.

I don't want my body to look like either of them. I want to lose weight but stay in the 1950s pin-up shape. Yes, I want to be soft rather than uber-toned. I do want to be fit but maintain a layer of fat.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    OP... WHAAAAAAAADAFUUUUUUQ?

Seriously?

Firstly... very VERY few women look like either of these! Secondly... [sarcasm] lets line up all women and evaluate their body and rate them in terms of desireability... yeah. That sounds like a grrrrreat idea... so respectful... so encouraging... [/sarcasm]

People have all sorts of preferences... I would prefer we stop this *what body is better BS*
  • heroinnchic
    Options
    I don't think it's safe to post a thread like this- considering in the weight-loss communities and overall the practice of positive mental health, to pick and choose what looks better for a woman. I don't want to get all preachy with "women come in every shape a size" but it's true.. It's also true it's distributed differently, and to brand one body type curvy and one skinny because they all different. What's curvy to one may not be curvy to another. In this case, the curvy is depicted with a large behind, so what if a woman tries to lose weight, succeeds, but sees a curvy girl (ironically stomach always flat but everything else larger when GUYS depict a 'curvy' girl) and feels she doesn't look the same way so she's just fat and have 'rolls' instead of 'curves'? This won't help her in the long run, and to change the physical aspect, it all starts in the emotional aspect. By nature, we are made in pairs, there are only two genders, and they both want to please the other part of the pair which is natural, but these things don't encourage a positive mental state.

We shouldn't be out to protect each other's feelings and be politically correct all the time because it does get annoying, but as long as your in a weight-loss and health forum, you shouldn't post unhealthy material and I feel this is not appropriate.:indifferent:
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    How about choosing a curvy girl that isn't overly surgically enhanced? 'Cause that girl in the white looks really trashy with her boobs all the way up to her chin.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just wanted to point out the irony that the guy who started that "body shaming is done by women on MFP thread" has posted in this one but somehow left his soapbox elsewhere.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Girl in the 2nd pic has a stronger, sturdier-built frame. Even if she lost all the weight she could afford to lose she'd still be bigger than the other girl. I think that's an attractive trait because I find delicate features to be unattractive. I find delicate _anything_ to be unattractive. But that's just me.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    just wanted to point out the irony that the guy who started that "body shaming is done by women on MFP thread" has posted in this one but somehow left his soapbox elsewhere.

THANK. YOU.

You win the thread. Officially.

It's interesting, isn't it?
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Oh great, another thread where men get to talk about all the things they like and dislike about women's bodies. We haven't had one of these in at least two days. I was getting worried there for a minute...
    Yes, and us guys have never seen any women talking about Magic Mike on here.
  • Maaarkk
    Maaarkk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also take it that that are not your own abs in your profile pic; because if you are in that good of shape ...you do not need to be here.

It's MyFITNESSPal, not MyWeightLossPal. There are plenty of people who are fit and have goals for themselves that have every right to be here just the same as you.
    ps: the woman on the right will be a "tub of lard" in about 10-years.

Totally unnecessary and untrue.

^This.

People are allowed opinions.
    They're both nice looking girls, I find the one on the right a lot nicer. Others will find the one on the left a lot nicer.
    It doesn't mean different body types aren't good for different people lol.

Also...

What an idiot, you don't have to be unhealthy to use this. And it's a picture of my pecs, not abs.

Anyway... seems like a controversial thread. At least it makes it fun!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'd say, the one that treats me wonderfully.

"picking" someone based on physical traits alone is shallow. If that's how you want to be, cheers to you, I guess. *smh*
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

THANK. YOU.

You win the thread. Officially.

It's interesting, isn't it?
    It buckled under the enormity of my conviction.

In seriousness, what needs to be said about shaming already has been and I just wanted to lighten the mood. So sue me. :ohwell:
  • Maaarkk
    Options
    ^no ones choosing one of these girls as a girlfriend/wife, it was asked which body type was preferred.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    ^no ones choosing one of these girls as a girlfriend/wife, it was asked which body type was preferred.

Generally speaking, these threads never go well. Expressing preference is fine, but often people come in and start commenting on how "gross" or "disgusting" or whatever other derogatory term they choose to use to describe certain body types they aren't attracted to. Herein lies the problem. This website is full of women of all different sizes, and that kind of language can be very offensive and hurtful to someone with a similar body type. I don't think you honestly meant to be the cause of this type of thing, but this is, unfortunately, how these threads tend to go.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    He's not asking which one you'd have a long term relationship with :noway: Simple question, which do you prefer out of the two? I'll answer, I'd prefer the skinnier one. I'd be pretty dissatisfied with the one on the right. I don't wanna look like I can take a man down in a fight! My humble opinion. Post yours. Everyone has an opinion. Whether you post it online, gossip about it with your friends, or keep it in your own head... it's there.
    Maybe this WAS geared towards shaming the skinny girl and praising the curves, which I absolutely hate...and vice versa. Whatever. "Chit chat, fun and games." If this really affects you personally, maybe it's time to work on your self esteem
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The question should be, "Do you like real or fake?"
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    BTW I'd still bang both of them.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It depends on what was I choosing for. The role the woman will be fulfilling would depend on which body type would best typify the character I needed her to portray.

I'd pick the one on the left for an urban environment such as New York or Chicago. The one on the right I'd choose for a Southern local, Texas especially. Or the one on the left for a 1950's pin up shoot. The one on the right is better for more contemporary fashions and styles.

So, both!
  • Maaarkk
    Options
    First 4 page post, woooo \o/
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So, are we supposed to answer this topic based on the title, "Skinny or Curvy" or do we choose based on the 2 completely unrelatable photographs? Left picture: Lower quality, taken in front of a light switch, bad lighting, girl doing undesirable pose, etc, etc. Right picture: a photo shoot of a girl who looks like a Kardashian sister, tanner, gleaming light in background, boobage, displaying that she works out, need I go on? Hmm, I wonder which you'd choose. Both are desirable in their own ways to different people, but this question was posed with your own personal opinion forced into the outcome. Why not post 5 "skinny" girls of a healthy weight, and 5 "curvy" girls of a healthy weight and let people make their own personal opinion.

TOPIC answer: Whatever shape they happen to love being in.